Status
Not open for further replies.

Domaineer

Hello. Recently, I tried to sell a domain name of mine in the marketplace..

I came to know about the rules, well, this one was pretty weird.

Proof of ownership (a screenshot of the domain in the sellers registrar account showing the url and expiration date)

According to me, users who sell premium/pro domains are usually enough qualified to be called as a webmaster..

What I am tryin' to say is:-

This

fO1osf3.png

Doesn't means that I own Facebook.

Neither does this,

3Uxse3S.png

So, my suggestion here is, a document posted on the site having meaningful address should be enough for an ownership proof.

--

However, this is just a suggestion..

Peace

18 comments
Mods and admins do assume members are honest. But yes, we've seen many fakes, most in the 'look how much money I make' screenshots.

But I don't know how to be able to proof 'waterproof' ... perhaps the only thing could be to have the mods have a look in your client area.

Now that's the thing! If anybody owns a domain, he could definitely get a host and wouldn't be a problem at all to just host a tiny document that shows the ownership proof..

Now you wouldn't have my cPanel access would you?

Wrong, again. A lot of people register a domain for either to use later, or sell it at a profit. I would think there are more domains parked than used for sites.

I understand your point of view Suja and we used to implement .txt files for ownership proof here. Somewhere along the line we got away from that & I'm not sure why.

A .doc on server outweighs a screenshot for me and any serious buyer any day. You've done well with your suggestion as well as your domain thread, good luck with the sale.

I'll personally suggest that this rule be amended.

@sniffdog, wtf, if he really does wants to do a serious sale, he will definitely have to host it, even if it is just for a day.

The text file verification was to prove that the individual owned the domain in question. We need to get back to that again.

Get that slab of concrete off your face, To0. Read again, the text doc on the server was NEVER EVER required for domains only.

Which is logical, because, like myself, some domains are been parked and it would be crazy to get hosting just to proof ownership.

And, to be honest, I've seen very little problems with people buying domains on WJ.

A little trust in members would not be superfluous.

I'm getting really sick and tired of your attitude towards members around here, it's been going on for a long time now. You need a wake up call.

Why not start using DNS Records for Ownership proof ?, Text or doc documents can be verified with even FTP access also if people are parking the domains then it is not feasible.

I would suggest we should apply "Add a TXT record with 'Domain Sale - WJ - Username'
It's more authentic and serves the purpose.

Can i suggest something?

Id be willing to offer wj a reseller on which the admin or staff can create a default welcome page via cpanel so then when users point the domains to the nameservers for this account you will see a page saying this domain is being sold on wjunction.

Also staff can create registrar accounts to get the domains pushed kinda like a escrow

Sorry im on my phone so i cant do proper grammer.

Server Name: FACEBOOK.COM.ZZZZZ.GET.LAID.AT.WWW..COM
Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Server Name: FACEBOOK.COM.MORE.INFO.AT.WWW..COM
Registrar: PTYLTD CORPORATION PTY, LTD.
Server Name: FACEBOOK.COM.LOVED.BY.WWW..COM
Registrar: FELINEAIU, INC.
Server Name: FACEBOOK.COM.KNOWS.THAT.THE.BEST.WEB.HOSTING.IS..NET
Registrar: CENTER OF NINJANIAN INTERNET NAMES
Server Name: FACEBOOK.COM.GET.ONE.MILLION.DOLLARS.AT.WWW..COM
Registrar: ABC UNL. X/Y/Z PUBLIC.

Adorable :)

Status