Manchester City Wins Premier League Title!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterbator

Manchester City celebrate their first championship in 44 years after a dramatic 3-2 win against QPR on the final day of the Premier League season.

Sergio Aguero's injury-time strike saw City come from behind to secure the win it needed to clinch the title, barely minutes after Edin Dzeko drew the team level against the relegation-threatened Londoners.

"Football is incredible," a breathless City manager Roberto Mancini said as fans invaded the Etihad Stadium pitch.

"It's fantastic for the club and the supporters after 44 years. It's been a crazy season and a crazy last minute."

The stunning victory was enough to see off the challenge of defending champions Manchester United, which had been seconds away from celebrating a 20th league crown after a 1-0 victory at Sunderland.

The top two were level on points going into the final round, and City used its better goal difference to clinch its first title since 1968.

Code:
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16227119

what a game! it's been so long since i watch football drama like this
icon14.gif

21 comments
OMFG! Some crazy stuff! I was checking every 30 seconds on my phone.

Note: I am a mad everton fan, on my way home from the everton match, we beat newcastle 3-1, stopped them from getting champions league, and we finished above liverpool!

Note: I am a mad everton fan, on my way home from the everton match, we beat newcastle 3-1, stopped them from getting champions league, and we finished above liverpool!

congrats for toppling liverpool, i have great respect for everton, such tight-budgeted team but still manage to upset some bigger clubs :)

Watched the whole lot live. One match on the TV and the other match on an iPad beside me. What a finish. City deserved to beat QPR but they didn't need to leave it to a finish like that. Amazing TV.

In last 4 minutes they recorded 2 goals

Congrats, I really liked / supported them, but I'm sure they cheat to win (especially because QPR 'd be stay on EPL even they lost )

MONEY == CHAMPION :P

I'm not the biggest football fan, but I was watching this game and the Man U game with a few friends and the atmosphere was insane. when Man City scored the second goal in stoppage time the place ERUPTED.

I'm a United (Manchester) fan so when it was 2-1 to QPR i was so glad, shame that KunAgüero and Edin Džeko scored at stoppage time.

In last 4 minutes they recorded 2 goals

Congrats, I really liked / supported them, but I'm sure they cheat to win (especially because QPR 'd be stay on EPL even they lost )

MONEY == CHAMPION :P

highly unlikely, they're only using the money to buy expensive players, not bribe :D
if the game was a setup, why bother creating such drama? they can trash QPR from the start :D

Hahaha they spent more than 300 million dollars only to beat us in goal difference that too on the last min ridiculous !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back