LulzImg permanently ceases operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let some one ruin it?... better left as a memory than sold to some idiot who fills it with ads.

Its being shut for running at a loss for having no ads and allow hotlinking. You think money grows on trees?

That said you need some middle ground and not an overblown amount of ads and popups like most hosts.

@bubawuba
I will be unable to get into detail about why I'm taking this decision, but rest assured there are no financial reasons to this. The decision is final and will not be reconsidered.

Pretty obvious from that statement that the upload ability has not been taken down for financial reasons; if it was being shut down for running at a loss, the existing images (which make up the actual cost) would not be kept alive indefinitely.

Was trying to avoid commenting on this thread, but I figure it would be a good idea to at least clear the misconceptions. Yes, it runs at a loss; it has, for 2 years. But that's not why image uploads have been permanently disabled.

lulz is always great,maybe today I ll remove the add on also :(

thnQ LT to run this site though it runs at a loss.

A bad idea from me .. those who wanna use it can donate $$ every month,this would help to minimize loss :|

I come up with new image hosts everyday :P This was going to happen one day, lulzimg wasn't meant for monetizing. And a thing which is not meant to monetize never stays for long for sure.

LT and CM did a great job and I liked the site, but the design was a little wierdo.

All the best and Lulzimg would be remembered like KATZ (y)

why did they terminated it anyway, if it wasnt dueto financial resources?
the number 1 imagehost for warez content.. a big percent of the images was from warez users so ..i guess it was closed to avoid future legal actions against them.

the number 1 imagehost for warez content.. a big percent of the images was from warez users so ..i guess it was closed to avoid future legal actions against them.

conspiracy theory .........think before

"This isn't a decision I've made on a whim; it was a very difficult decision to make, to say the least. I had plans for the site, but given the recent situations that have developed over the past few months, I believe the wiser decision here is to gradually shut the site down. I will be unable to get into detail about why I'm taking this decision, but rest assured there are no financial reasons to this. The decision is final and will not be reconsidered."
The answer is here...you just need to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back