Looking for VPS or RDP that allows RAR compression

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopSmith

Does anyone have suggestions for a VPS or RDP that has decently fast compression rates while costing $35 per month or less?

The VPS I was on (and may go back to) allows compression but it was very slow. I compressed an ISO that went from 4.7GB to 2.16GB with RAR but it took 69m 17.991s (via the Linux time command). I'm hoping to find something much faster.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

6 comments
Im using their EU Encoding RDPWORLD.. Cheap rates with Good Server Specification

4Gb+ Raring (STORE MODE)
[slide]http://screensnapr.com/e/mIOyFR.png[/slide]

about 3 users online with 9 disconnected users(some of them still logon and maybe they are still encoding)

so far i tested 3 RDP providers here in WJ.

CoreRDP (US) and Awesome RDP (NL) both got fast network and also fast on rar / unrar. i recommend them.

RDplanet (EU/UK) / (US) good hardware but US network speed is crap i dont recommend it. EU/UK network speed is fair but ive seen faster.

I got contract with them currently so the experience is for more or less a month now.

----------------------------------

also the encoding RDPs are fast for the feature you want. i tested via demo sborghosting USeNCODER RDP, and yeah the hardware is good but i didnt test the network so if you planning to go for it you have to find out for yourself.

Test RDP USA > Link

wuJn2Z.jpg

4.4 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back