Looking for a US Host for my freeware site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starnova

I am quickly exhausting my resources on a site that began just a little over 2 months ago. To purchase more space is expensive and probably will not give me enough to run the site as planned anyhow.
I am looking for large space and am running DLE 9.4 with mybb as the forum. Registered members can download from the server as this is 100% freeware.
I have my domain name and require cpanel.
Can anyone suggest a stable host for my site?

Thank you:)

9 comments
I would suggest that you look into a virtual private server (VPS). A VPS will give you a lot of room to grow, without having many of the limitations that come with a shared hosting plan.

As stated above what is your budget? Also, do you have a preference when it comes to location in the US? (east coast, west coast, mid)

My idea of course is to grow so I am looking for something in a low budget price range since I do pay for it myself. I would say to begin, I am not sure how much space I would need but for now no more than about 20gig and the price maybe under $10.00? Does that sound unreasonable? I can find some but I do not not know any of them to trust my site.

Last edited:
But within your mentioned budget, I think so you should go for Shared hosting and as your site is only 2 months old, no real problems would occur on Shared Hosting.

I am currently on shared hosting and really love my host. I have used 1/2 of my space in those 2 months. I have some time to think about it but I am the kind of person that plans ahead. LOL

Thanks.. I will check SwiftRDP proxist I do not have AIM, sorry, but I do not chat much on my desktop and only use Facebook these days. Sometimes MSNmessenger but not often at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back