Kool Kats - Please review my site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm sorry, I was little tired, and I'm starting to remember when I was a newbie.
Listen to there suggestions, and a new domain wouldn't hurt, but thats not going to happen.
So ya, best of luck to you. And disregard my comments lol.

dont bash the owner of kool kats every 1 has to start some were instead of negative shit which is what they didnt ask in the first post, they wanted a review. and big up to fire for his above post .

1) logo is not good

2) forum generally could do with customizing and a few addittions adding.

3) dont give up

and if u need any help pm and ill see about doing some shit on your forum for ya.

1. You don't have an index page
2. You're using MyBB
3. Your website's name is "KoolKats"
4. Your logo was made in mspaint
5. Your forum's directory is called upload
6. You're on free hosting
7. ????
8. I can help you!

Haha, I love the logo xD

However from a warez perspective I think you should consider changing the logo, its hard to take cute little kittens seriously. :P

You can make cats look pretty "cool", see example below. So I think you could *just about* make the domain name work.

izm2iv.png

vs

cat%20banner%205.jpg

I dont understand the /upload/ on every page, if the only thing hosted on koolkats is going to be the forum why not put it in the root directory?

Other than that you should just go through the forum and try to make as many little customizations as possible to make the website stand out a bit.

I do like you shield ranks
shield-ranks-administrator.png

You might consider using transparency on their backgrounds just to make them blend into each page a bit better.

lol as I've said loads of times I'm working on the banner lol

1. You don't have an index page
2. You're using MyBB
3. Your website's name is "KoolKats"
4. Your logo was made in mspaint
5. Your forum's directory is called upload
6. You're on free hosting
7. ????
8. I can help you!

1. I'm going to try and change it so that it is not /upload at the end
2. What's wrong with MyBB?
3. I can't change the site URL as I've already said :)
4. I'm working on getting a new banner :)
5. See point 1
6. I'm working on changing the host
7. What do you mean by ?????
8. What can you help me with?

and juo thanks for the advice about the shields the only problem with that is I didn't create them they were on a phpbb software I used once and I saved them on my computer so I can't change that unfortunately :(

and yeah Katz banner is pretty cool but obviously I'm not going to copy it :) I will look now and see if I can find a different cat to use in the banner for now until I can get a new one though :)

Thanks for your reviews :)

i don't like that name, it's not good, 2nd u write /upload? like a child change it to /forums, and design is so simple, u just change the logo and ? write here Review pls wth?

I've changed the cat in the banner and the text, but again I am aware it's still rubbish, but before I add it to the site do you think this is better than the other banner please?

2eozls5.jpg

lol yeah it's still rubbish but I can't create graphics at all and people were saying they didn't like the cat on the other banner so I'm asking if it's better than that one for now until I can get a new banner?

EDIT: I have put in a request for a banner on 2 forums so hopefully I can get a new one soon :)

i like it its different the name is not great but better than following every one else with warez in the name

the banner needs changed but you know that
log on to your ftp and rename upload to forum and login to your admin control panel and change the path
katz gave you 3* your on a free host as soon as you submit your site will die you can pick hosting for around $2 per month

I've removed the /upload from the domain now and I'm waiting for a banner to be made which I understand is currently being made :)

i lol'd.

you need some serious work to do...

1. change the skin to something more suitable to the site name. (make sure its clean and easy to navigate)
2. make a better header that actually fits with the theme.
3. give some incentive for people to signup, staff positions, uploader positions, etc.

well thats the main three thing i think you need to improve.
once you have done some imrovements by using out comments, come back and let us review again...

edit: the .info doesnt look too good either, would suggest to buy a .com/org/net/co.uk if you can afford it.. (maybe even think of a better name xD)

I've got positions advertised on the site for uploaders and graphic designers already :) the skin was a skin that I downloaded from the MyBB site lol not one I have done myself, I am getting a new banner very soon.

The reason I got the .info domain was because it was the cheapest I could get and I need a domain to link to the site through Katz :)

EDIT: I've changed the theme now too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back