Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing A-name entries?

Hey folks,
I searched a bit in cpanel and found the DNS-zone editor.
So why don't we just change the "A-name" entries from *.*.92.89 to *.*.92.93?
Wouldn't this help to bring our pages back online? ;)

Last edited:
i tried to login this new ip for CP
http://82.192.92.93:2082/
and i successfully login ,
so this only need to update nameservers for the sites

and i think it takes time guys because they have a lot of sites on shared host
give them some time

There is no mass e-mails, no announcement, and no reponse to support tickets. Which I believe, means either that, at this time of the day, after many hours passed, they are not even aware that there is a problem, or worse, that they are aware but they do not give a damn about shared clients to bother to take some time to make announcements or to respond to support tickets.

well only thing im telling about the new host i have is that they are here on wj . sorry but they dont need the issues that are following known around with .

There is no mass e-mails, no announcement, and no reponse to support tickets. Which I believe, means either that, at this time of the day, after many hours passed, they are not even aware that there is a problem, or worse, that they are aware but they do not give a damn about shared clients to bother to take some time to make announcements or to respond to support tickets.

maybe they will do mass mail when they complete fix this issue
and update all nameservers for all sites

Well, whatever their justification is, I moved my website to another hoster and its working better than ever. Losing income and not having a slightest idea of when it will be fixed is simply not at all acceptable, especially when one considers the last time.

I wish you guys best of luck.

I guess instead of changing nameservers, you could try adding entries for your domain with the new IP into the hosts file of your computer and see if your website works that way. If that works for you then you can go ahead and update nameservers for your domain.
This way you won't have to wait for the new NS settings to propagate.
It didn't work for me though.

Got answer from knownsrv:

Code:
Hello,

Our datacenter nullrouted one of our shared hosting IP addresses. At this point we are still waiting for them to un-nullroute the IP in order to get the sites on that IP address back up and running. 

Kindest Regards,
Martin Horvat
Level 3 Technical Support
KnownSRV

Hope to get the page back runnning in a short time

It's one IP out of their hunderds, no need to create a new thread every time when they get issues with one of their servers or IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back