VPS KnowinServers.com - 1 Gbps-100 Mbps VPS/RDP from $15/month (German, Netherlands, USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@arpitpaltani: I know what unmanaged is. But you do not seem to know what a "Network Issue" is (as stated on the suspension reason i got). Now explain to me how i can manage YOUR NETWORK, don't think google will help on that.

I don't want to argue with you, you simply needed to know how to handle things. Opening a ticket and explaining nicely what's going on is enough, for EXAMPLE:
"Hello X, your server has been down for X reason, would you like us to recreate your VPS?" OR
"Hello X, your server has been down for X reason, we apologize for the inconvenience, we are working it out and will get it back online asap"

@arpitpaltani: I know what unmanaged is. But you do not seem to know what a "Network Issue" is (as stated on the suspension reason i got). Now explain to me how i can manage YOUR NETWORK, don't think google will help on that.

I don't want to argue with you, you simply needed to know how to handle things. Opening a ticket and explaining nicely what's going on is enough, for EXAMPLE:
"Hello X, your server has been down for X reason, would you like us to recreate your VPS?" OR
"Hello X, your server has been down for X reason, we apologize for the inconvenience, we are working it out and will get it back online asap"

Hey mate,
Please calm down He said network issue with Your vps and Not Our Server.
Meaning Your vps has a network issue and we wish to speak to you, so that we can fix it.
Hence, please open a support ticket and we will follow it up.

Thank You very much for your Understanding :)

I used few month, I think KnowinServers provide a Reasonable price and unlimited BW are very good service,
but often have long time server down problem, this is need to improve.

Thanks for responding Glenn but hmmmm, the whole situation doesn't stand up though. I cannot understand how my vps alone can have a 'network issue' considering you are using a visualization technology. I don't really want to comment on that. Point is to get things done.

Anyways, here is a break-down of what happened:
1. I got suspension email saying there's a network issue with my VPS and to contact support to resolve the issue.

2. I opened the ticket as requested - NOTE: If you don't open the ticket they might neither even look into the issue nor give you details about the situation and your vps will remain offline for hours.

3. I got response saying they will have to recreate my vps from zero. I replied back saying whether my data is safe and ok to recreate.

4. I got response back saying whether i need a backup before? I replied: If they can RESTORE the server as is (with cpanel which i installed, etc), then to restore, since i didn't need a DATA back.

5. They finally formatted the vps, (i presume they couldn't restore) and the system sent the new details via email.

Bottom line:

i) KS should REALLY improve their customer service and to stop that 'attitude' they got and to be respectful to customers (if they want customers to return the favour). Glenn seem to be OK, others = :| . You reap what you sow. Currently, i would rank their support to be "Below Average".

ii) The owner of KS should get support people who can work on shift (so when someone is sleeping, another can handle things) - else it will cause very long delay in support as others experienced.

iii) I believe KS servers might be ok for personal use. If you are a webmaster and use your server 24/7 (NOT talking about private RL/sborg), i'll recommend you to have a backup VPS 'just in case'.

I got 2 problems with them within the past 2 months, price is reasonable as the above user mentioned. I will give them a try for another month (3rd month). If things turn bad again, am switching. If things goes the right away, i'll certainly give a thumbs up on this thread.

Now i gotta configure my VPS and get my site online :S - I would like to avoid to do that every month lol..

Thanks for having recreated my vps and have a nice day! :)

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with what CarlaR pointed out about the customer service issue,the most important part of any business.Cause when ppl get pissed off,there goes your money too.
Anyway my problem is solved now but still i'm seriously thinking about having a backup site now so I can sleep soundly at night.

Can't connect to my RDP...please check...

View Ticket #414155

For the record - it seems to be my own fault. I was trying to make the DNS records & messed the access.

My USA VPS is down again! Not long ago it went offline for 24 hours or so and when it got back up some of my data were already gone! Good thing I have a backup someplace. So I had to restore my files. This time it's down again. Please fix it ASAP as I can't take these downtimes anymore! Make sure you don't make me endure the stress of restoring my personal backups again.

Last edited:
Here the same, i used my server this month just 1 day so far, and they are not answering suport tickets to say at least what's happening to my server. Very bad service.

Same,
My VPS is down again and over 24 hrs,
still not get any improve.
I am disappointed with the quality of service.

Here the same, i used my server this month just 1 day so far, and they are not answering suport tickets to say at least what's happening to my server. Very bad service.

Hello,
We have been having issues with the Macrina node and been waiting for the datacenter to fix it. We are still waiting for response from the datacenter as soon as we have something from them we will notify you.

Anyways, this week we will be shifting you on Single Hop servers, so you have better service quality.

Thank You for your Understanding.

Hello,
We have been having issues with the Macrina node and been waiting for the datacenter to fix it. We are still waiting for response from the datacenter as soon as we have something from them we will notify you.

Anyways, this week we will be shifting you on Single Hop servers, so you have better service quality.

Thank You for your Understanding.

meaning our ip addresses will change?

RDP is down for more than 12 hours now.Allan said it was restared because of a crash(#336706). But I could never access it within last 12 hours.Pls check it ASAP.

Thanks..

FYI, I was not running any resource killing application/s.Only I was downloading a single file(it was when I last entered the RDP successfully).

RDP is down for more than 12 hours now.Allan said it was restared because of a crash(#336706). But I could never access it within last 12 hours.Pls check it ASAP.

Thanks..

FYI, I was not running any resource killing application/s.Only I was downloading a single file(it was when I last entered the RDP successfully).

Anti-virus Installed by You was Blocking the Connection !!

Why I have to post here to get answer from you. The suport ticket still with no answer, more than 24h with no response from you. Terrible support, terribly service so far. Server still OFF LINE

what now??? my vps is still down.

tell us, are our servers ever going to back online or not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back