Jawus

Hi , Here is the Steps

• Run CMD
  • Write DEBUG
  • then df000:fff5
dg5Ta.png

:)):)):)):))

125 comments
I'm pretty sure all versions of Windows that I can remember (possibly my old 286 DOS system -> my old 486 Windows 3.11 -> all Desktop & Server versions -> to my present Windows 8.1) have had "systeminfo" command which tells you when the OS was initially installed, and the last time the system was (re) booted.

So systeminfo might be better than the initial post in terms of cross-generational Windows compatibility...

I get this error "'DEBUG' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.", any idea why?

What OS are you running?

My Windoze 8.1 box yields the same error as you referenced, which is why I suggested using systeminfo as I've been using that command on every flavor of Windows for ~25 years (fuck i'm getting old)

I get this error "'DEBUG' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.", any idea why?

What OS are you running?

My Windoze 8.1 box yields the same error as you referenced, which is why I suggested using systeminfo as I've been using that command on every flavor of Windows for ~25 years (fuck i'm getting old)

I'm using Windows 7, mate.

What OS are you running?

My guess is that the debug command won't work on Server 2008r2/Windows 7 and newer.

In 2009 Microsoft made a massive amount of changes (such as introducing the SRP partition n shit) to the Small Business/Server and Desktop versions of Windows, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is when the debug command became deprecated.

My guess is that the debug command won't work on Server 2008r2/Windows 7 and newer.

In 2009 Microsoft made a massive amount of changes (such as introducing the SRP partition n shit) to the Small Business/Server and Desktop versions of Windows, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is when the debug command became deprecated.

Ouch. Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back