Status
Not open for further replies.

jackpalmer09

Hi,
I want to share my experience with JustCloud so that nobody get trapped by them anymore.
I signed up for the unlimited backup plan and paid for full year subscription.
I bought almost all of the additional features that come along like increasing file size limit to 5GB, NAS backup. Those should be included in the whole package. But ok, paying for them separately is still not so bad.
Everything is added up to about US$300, which can run me for a year.

I started uploading my database. When I hit 2TB, JustCloud banned me from uploading more.
I emailed them to ask for the reason. They said I upload too much, more than normal users and they consider my usage as an abuse of their server. They asked me to switch to business plan whose pricing is a lot different.

Using 2TB of my unlimited space is considered abuse???!!!!
It is also clearly stated in their website that they do not impose any bandwidth limitation.
http://support.justcloud.com/question/205/is-there-a-bandwidth-limit
And now, they said I was abusing their server.

So to sum up, JustCloud is a liar. Do not ever trust them with any of your backup. You won't know when they will force some rules on you and ask you to pay more in order to continue using their service.

14 comments
I have the local server at home, which I can access to it from anywhere.
Local backup is in place too.
I just want to backup my data to a cloud solution for extra protection.
JustCloud partners with Amazon S3, which has server in Singapore. So the speed is good.
Didn't know the company is such a liar.

@Mod: If the post is not in the correct section, pls kindly help to move it accordingly. I'm still getting used to this forum. Thanks.

if its stated in there tos you will get your money by 30 days they have to or you can sue them for takeing your money cause they have broken there own tos

I also advise you to copy on there site bout the 30 days money back gurantree or they can change it without prior notice and say to u we not paying you now cause we change tos you need proof mate that it states that

Why would you go and spend $300 upfront? There are a lot of terrible reviews.

Go with crashplan.com, $4 per month and even NASA uses them.

I tried it out for a while before committing. But I can only try with few GB of data.
Only after I paid for it and hit the 2TB limit, then the issue came out.

I tried Crashplan. The speed is not as good. It's reliable though. I think my data went to Japan server when I used Crashplan. JustCloud partnered with Amazon S3, which has server in Singapore. So the speed is better.

just open a dispute with paypal and send them what is written on the site bout the 30 days money back and then paypal will open the dispute if they haven't paid by 30 days paypal has to pay you back and charge the company

I used JustCloud for 14 days. Due to very low speed (about 360KB/s) form UE hosts I asked refund.
I paid :
-€35,78 Unlimited plan for 1 year (with 70% discount)
-€14,95 Additional PC
-€24,95 increased bandwidth which didnt worked :/

After 10 days they send me 20€ with info:

"we are unable to refund additional services purchased. This is outlined in our terms and conditions that you had agreed to upon sign up (JustCloud.com/terms):

6. JC License to You; Renewals, Modifications, Limits
(d) Cancellation of Renewals.

...all sales are final and not subject to a refund for the following products multiple computer extra, priority support, additional support, increased bandwidth and other additional products that may be offered from time to time that do not fall within the initial package purchased by you. All extras are concerned one time purchases for the period you selected and will not be eligible for a refund."

JustCloud, MyPCBackup, ZipCloud, and BackupGenie are the same company. They are not serious and sometimes users called them scam. I never trust review sites giving JustCloud the highest rank. They do so because of JustCloud's affiliate program: http://www.justcloud.com/affiliates .

I tried it out for a while before committing. But I can only try with few GB of data.
Only after I paid for it and hit the 2TB limit, then the issue came out.

I tried Crashplan. The speed is not as good. It's reliable though. I think my data went to Japan server when I used Crashplan. JustCloud partnered with Amazon S3, which has server in Singapore. So the speed is better.

There are only two locations, Atlanta and Minnesota, for CrashPlan+ users. You can change your GUID to change your location randomly, but your will upload all your backup again. The tutorial can be easily found by Google.

Since CrashPlan is using Cogent, its international connectivity is not good. Disabling compression and de-duplication can help the upload speed, but it doesn't affect so much if you are not living in North America (2Mbps ~ 4Mbps).

Last edited:
I think I'm luckier than you. Today, they issued full refund (not pro-rated) for the subscription together with all the features I purchased.
I did open PayPal disputes for all of those payments by the way.

I used JustCloud for 14 days. Due to very low speed (about 360KB/s) form UE hosts I asked refund.
I paid :
-€35,78 Unlimited plan for 1 year (with 70% discount)
-€14,95 Additional PC
-€24,95 increased bandwidth which didnt worked :/

After 10 days they send me 20€ with info:

"we are unable to refund additional services purchased. This is outlined in our terms and conditions that you had agreed to upon sign up (JustCloud.com/terms):

6. JC License to You; Renewals, Modifications, Limits
(d) Cancellation of Renewals.

...all sales are final and not subject to a refund for the following products multiple computer extra, priority support, additional support, increased bandwidth and other additional products that may be offered from time to time that do not fall within the initial package purchased by you. All extras are concerned one time purchases for the period you selected and will not be eligible for a refund."

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

There are only two locations, Atlanta and Minnesota, for CrashPlan+ users. You can change your GUID to change your location randomly, but your will upload all your backup again. The tutorial can be easily found by Google.

Since CrashPlan is using Cogent, its international connectivity is not good. Disabling compression and de-duplication can help the upload speed, but it doesn't affect so much if you are not living in North America (2Mbps ~ 4Mbps).

That's the thing. Since it is US server and I live in Singapore, I cannot expect terrific upload speed. Hope that Crashplan will open more nodes in my region soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back