Jaxxed Images - Memes, Wallpapers, Comics & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Banned
Banned
Hey guys!

I've gotten started on a small side project, Jaxxed.org.

Basically its a database of many famous internet memes, comics, wallpapers, infographics, and soo on, the I have arranged into a database, organized in albums for each meme/wallpaper.

I'm not 100% sure about the style, I mean I like the darker color, but I'm not sure what I wanna do for a BG, soo suggestions are welcome.

While you're at it, please let me know what you think about the site! :D

Thanks! <3

Domain: http://jaxxed.org/
Title: Jaxxed Images
Image DB size: 1,880 images -- 1.2GB.

ETA: Note that the Adsense ads is just a test. I'll be removing them in a day or so, so there is no need to bring that up lol.

4 comments
The whole concept is very good. I feel that it is just too simple. It is not advanced. There are many such kind of sites that are much more advanced. It is not very much content yet. I have the feeling that all the contents would be leaked from other sites. It is difficult to find something unique. The only way you can have something unique on your website is to create your own images. You should obtain a logo or a cool banner.

Good luck. :)

I added a few extra things, so if you wouldent mind checkin it out and tellin me what you think? ;)

EDIT:

Added 1,200 Cyanide and Happyness Comics
Added 980 HD 1080p Wallpapers

Site Title:

The domain is good, but not good for SEO. Also, there is no hope of getting much Google Traffic due to lack of words/description. All you can work for is getting traffic either direct or through link outs from other sites. There maybe chances of getting some traffic from Google Images, but thats not important.

Your current title is : "Jaxxed Images -- Free comics, memes, wallpapers, avatars & more!"

I don't know why you can put two hyphens, one is enough. So you can remove one hyphen as Google loves shorter URLs and it looks neat too.
---------------

Take a look at these keywords and research more

[SLIDE]http://i.imm.io/636n.png[/SLIDE]

Select few keywords from here which your site has relevancy with and then try to always target that. In this way, you may get higher SERPs Rankings in Google.

After select & researching your keywords, change your title. For Example, we'll select Funny Comics & Hilarious Images as our main targeting keywords. So your title should be

JaXXed Images - Funny Comics & Hilarious Images

This makes a perfect sense and the visitor coming on your website will come to know that what your site contains.
-------------

Favicon:

Its not matching with your theme. Change it to something with black background and with letters J I in white.
-------------

Site Header:

Get a comic type header/logo made from some GFXer for your site, as the plain text header looks dull.
--------------

Site Content:

[SLIDE]http://i.imm.io/636L.png[/SLIDE]

If you can try to shift the text which is on the right side, to below the image then it'd be great. This is because, the area below the text part is unused. Or you can keep it like that and think of putting something in that free area (no ads though). Maybe, Views, Rating, Likes, Facebook Like, Tweet it, Social Bookmarking Addons, etc. But don't keep it empty.

---------------

I saw that mostly the images are renamed with some random letters and ending in .php extension. Example : http://jaxxed.org/Winrar/XANWURWVGIHQSSW53U5Y35N7PDXIP25K.png.php

You should rename them to something sensible and change the extension to .html using .htaccess
-------------

Do these changes and then reply here.

Thanks for the detailed reply! :)

Yeah, you're right the .php was unsightly, so I changed it to .html.
I've also coded a small tag box for the index page, changed the title, and a few other things (added an out-of-focus BG).

With regards to the strange image name, well, thats what the image is actually named to :(

Since I'm new with this script, those sort of anomalies are fairly difficult to fix, but yeah, if you wouldent mind letting me know what you think now? Thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back