Jailbreak your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S (Windows Tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge Bob

Hey guys, Finally the wait is here and we now have it :)

iPhone Dev team has extended the support of Corona Injector CLI tool for Windows version. Which means that instead of waiting for Absinthe’s windows version, iPhone 4S or iPad 2 users who are waiting since long can use Corona Injector Tool to jailbreak their device. Without delving into the details, follow the quick steps listed below.

Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPad 2 on Windows using CLI tool

Step 1: Download Corona Injector CLI tool for Windows on your desktop

Step 2: Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your Windows PC via USB

Step 3: Open CMD.exe
cmd.png

Step 4: cd to the cinject.exe

Step 5: Execute the following command. Do so with device unlocked and approve the install request.

cinject.exe -i payloads\jailbreak.mobileconfig

cinject-cli-01.jpg

Just wait until it finishes the operation. While you’re executing these commands, don’t touch your device. Just let the commands (Absinthe) do their work.

Step 6: Then execute the following command to run the jailbreak payload:

cinject.exe -j payloads

You will see following text messages. Sit tight as the tool is installing the payload.

windows-A5-jailbreak.png

Step 7: Now use “cinject -w” to start watching the syslog. Execute the following command:

cinject.exe -w

Step 8: Toggle the VPN switch in Settings. Leave the password field blank and continue executing the commands. Afterwards toggle the VPN, ignore the error and wait for a reboot.

Once your device is reboot, you are ready to install Cydia apps on your jailbroken A5 device.

[UPDATE 1]: If you are getting unknown or strange errors with the CLI version, Try a restore to iOS 5.0.1 and try again. It should solve errors.

[UPDATE 2]: if you get an error “fatal(__LINE__): assertion failed (1266): got == sizeof(size)” You’ll have to reset your ipad ==> go to settings –> General –> Reset –> Erase All Content and Settings. Once done…please try the jailbreak process again.

Disclaimer: We haven’t tested this method, so proceed at your own risk.

19 comments
lol Ariyan that download link on the top has the jailbreak software inside it, its like a APP for windows that you need to execute when ur ipad is connected then it synchronizes with the ipad or iphone.. m already doing it..

so you got your device jailbreak or not ? Please update once you done successfully

i wish it work , dieing waiting to jailbreak my iPhone 4S

Will update it is yet in the Backup process, i got some heavy games thats why i guess its taking time, others have got errors after a backup process is complete, and they said u need to put ur ipad like a new one and then jailbreak again though i will keep you all updated once the process is done..

Wooootttt!!! I just jailbroke my ipad 2 :)

I got this error:

[UPDATE 2]: if you get an error “fatal(__LINE__): assertion failed (1266): got == sizeof(size)” You’ll have to reset your ipad ==> go to settings –> General –> Reset –> Erase All Content and Settings. Once done…please try the jailbreak process again.

So i just erased all content and all and it jail broke within 2 minutes :P

Damn, watch out for " FolderIcons" or something like that, spacks the phone right up lol.

Basically it just gives a black screen + with the loading icon and nothing more, even when plugged into PC just bleeps, can't even turn it off, you get no choice to do a factory reset.

i'll edit this when i get the name of it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back