Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptile

I know what went through your mind when you read that tittle "Is Warez Dead" - well what do you mean by that?
I always thought ever since the extinction of the good old proper FileHosts things have gone south for both, warez uploaders and downloders likewise.
My notion is, warez websites, forums and blogs are not worthy of spending time on, nor do they generate income for it's owner, well a selected and respected few make an exception in my assumption. Warez is simply not what it used to be, users have drifted away to easier and safer alternatives which ultimately resulted in a decrease in revenue for the whole community.
It is evident that third world countries and economically poor and still developing countries will have enormously high rates of piracy among it's population, meanwhile I believe there won't be any necessity for warez within a few years in wealthy countries.

Services such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify and others are doing such a great job at fighting piracy rates by maintaining very affordable rates for Americans especially, that dare I say, have made the users lazy to even go and search for the newest torrent/forum posts of their favorite new Movie or TV Shows, it's rather much convenient paying a few bucks a month and having everything ready for them.
FUN FACT: It was reported that Netflix's coverage in Australia in 2013 has reduced it's piracy rates by 21%, which should not be of any shock to anyone.

I have not used these modern day FileSharers that pay Uploaders for a years now, I've stuck to torrenting and honestly, I don't regret that decision at all, I don't have to go through extremely low download speeds or wait for a specific amount of time before my Download starts, even when it does, it somehow always manages to get stuck in the middle of things and I'm back where I started again! The struggle is real.

Anyways, I'd like to get you guys, the FileSharing users involved in the discussion, do you feel safe while downloading warez through Forums/Blogs and then going the annoying process of downloading files through FileHosts? Do you fear for your privacy? We've seen what happened with FileServe, FileSonic (old FileHosts, almost got hunted down by government agencies a few years ago) furthermore WJunction has had a scare of it's own when a fellow Staff member claimed he was with a piracy group and had shared all the information about members' piracy activity with that group.
Furthermore, there is a case of a member serving a few years in jail because he owned a warez website and being tracked down by the FBI.

Please note this is not a scare tactic, I have no agenda here, what I said above are facts and I'm only trying to create a discussion and see your perspective on this issue, you decide what suits you, play your cards right, be smart and you'll be safe.

Last edited:
2 comments
I think theres a decline in warez boards popularity and use
Streaming sites are more popular now days than before

Kim Dotcom screwed the whole thing by releasing some stupid lame music video, filehosts should always try to remain the most possible under the radar not the inverse
Paypal killed the healthy Filehost's cashflow, making filehosts less profitable than before
And Google is "killing" warez sites more than everything, they have been deleting millions of results in tha past 2/3 years, the effect is massive whenever I try to search anything
Google gives much more priority to torrent sites, and blogs/forums almost dont appear or dont appear at all
The problem is when you try to search something more old or more "out of the mainstream" in terms of downloadable content, torrents are not the solution

Now I also use Bing and yandex.ru

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back