Is this is a Virus ? What should I need to do ? I am scared :( Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonata7

Hello I am having some trouble with TheVideo.me links

I am using chrome with Ad-blocker enabled.

When I visit to a Thevideo.me link, for an example This one https://thevideo.me/rxjsxlwzedgi which is on there front page it re-direct to another URL which is showing as on the bellow image. Then it re-directing to advisement presented by that URL.

Capture.jpg

This happens when Ad-blocker enabled. If I disabled the Ad-blocker then it is NOT re-directing.

This only happens with Chrome when Ad-blocker is enabled. Works with out trouble on Firefox

* I tried by deleting chrome cache. But nothing changed

* Then I uninstalled the chrome and re-installed new copy. But nothing changed

* I tried with Zenmate VPN enabled to see is this is ISP related. But nothing changed

So if you are a chrome user with Adblcoker enabled, I want to know your experience regarding this issue. Use whatever TheVideo.me link that you like and please confirm, I am the only victim or not.

Thank You...

17 comments
I Am with chrome & couple of plugins, Link opened successfully but when i've clicked on page, somewhere.Tab just closed i think its related to ad block

Probably a script which detects you are using adblock and resorts to an alternative method.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Does not appear to be a virus (At least on a Mac and Linux it does not do anything).
Unless it downloads something when visited from a Windows machine, I'd speculate it serves for purposes related to advertising or another form of tracking for unknown reasons.

I don't get it

If it has problems with Chrome but not Firefox, why not just use Firefox for that site? I may be simple, but I use Firefox for most everything and rarely have any issues.

Remove the registry files from c drive

Uninstall the chrome and other browsers on your system and then remove the registry file from C directory and then again install the chrome. hope it will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back