Is it still useful to download music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlove

Premium Member
I recently discovered sites like spotify and deezer and it amazes me how useful these sites are to listen to music and access / download with mobile/tablets.

Is it still useful for people from supported countries to download music with such a wealth online?

What is your experience with these sites?

8 comments
I stopped downloading music well before spotify and other similar services came online. Why? Youtube was there. Now i use spotify-like services. Its been ages since i downloaded a song for listening. I did download few songs for dance performances.

Well, that's why most music providers (Spotify, Rdio, Deezer) provide a way to download and sync to your device (phone, tablet, WD Live) to facilitate offline use.

Youtube is probably good to get single songs, but these services get you full albums (and in many cases rare issues).

And if you buy a Bluetooth speaker running on batteries (like the Creative D100) you can even enjoy excellent quality on the beach.

Last edited:
Yes. You people who listen music on youtube are not environment friendly. Youtube and browser uses much more energy to play songs. Btw, you can't scroble for last.fm

The only reason I would download songs would be to put it on my mp3 device for use in the car.
Other than that... Youtube is my main source of in house music entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back