Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBiee

Just want to ask guys is it a good idea to copy paste TOS and DMCA policy from other website and put it on mine?

17 comments
Hello,

I would say thats not a good idea to have exact copy of TOS or DMCA policy rather take sometime and just go through the complete TOS you want to copy and use it as a reference and create a custom one.It will take some time but it will be worth it.

In this way you will be completely aware of what is in your TOS and can defend yourself if needed in much better way because you will have firm understanding of your TOS since you made it yourself.Also if your are providing some paid service then having your terms review by an attorney will also be a good idea.

Regards

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll have to base it on sources and make revisions out of it. I think it will be safer that way.

Not very healthy advice @ msk. @ New Biee - Where's the effort ? Stop being lazy. Someone put their time and effort in making what you in return are copying and pasting and reverting as your own. Originality is key. When you have an idea, if takes putting that idea into planning, making it a reality, and building that idea from the ground up. Keep that in mind. No matter what is it you're referring to. You can do better that.

Regards,
Rick

If you copy, you will not rank in google= No $$.

He talks about TOS and DMCA policy Pages. I dont think that someone make a revenue from these pages :-=

As msk19994 said " make sure to change ur website details in it and remove the un necessary parts"

General,It's not a good idea to c/p. Post only a unique content,make On Site Seo and you will see results.

Originality is the worst thing to do when dealing with legal matters. You should choose a host that you like, and read over their TOS, if you feel the need, or like them, re-read and change the meaning of the words as you go.

Example:

Rackspace.com
You may access the Services via the online Rackspace Cloud control panel, or via a Rackspace-provided API. Rackspace may modify its control panel or APIs at any time, or may transition to new API's. Your use of any API you download from the Rackspace website is governed by the license terms included with the code in the file named "COPYING" or "LICENSE" or like caption.

Change it around
You, as our customer will have access to your account via our web based control panel, and our developer API. {company} may from time to time update either the web based control panel, or API at any time without warning. Your use of {company's} public API is governed by the license terms included with the code included in "COPYING" or "LICENSE" -- by using the API you agree to abide and comply to these terms.

As you can see, it's just rewording the fine print a little bit, but if you choose a good host, then you'll be better protected. Terms of Service text is ubiquitous -- but you should NEVER just copy and paste.

My advice would be to create an outline of things you'd like to cover, and work based upon your outline.

Referring to other articles when creating new content is fine but copy pasting it as your own is not. If you are serious about your website then you must hire someone who can write quality articles for you. However if you only do this a hobby then it might be ideal to do it yourself.

Ryuchi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back