Is Doodstream still fit for the future? What do you think?

byte_

Hey, I'd like to know how you see things, since Doodstream was actually quite stable in the past, the host now has a few problems.

As I am planning to start a website, I am still looking for a suitable host for my site. I have always used VOE and Doodstream in the past.

What do you think, is Doodstream still fit for the future or should I switch to another host? (If so, which host?)

9 comments
The average life cycle of a hosting service is about 5 years. After that, the problems start. If you are starting a new project I would use another company that has been around for at least 2 years. Obviously, Doodstream is the highest paying of all the hosting companies out there. I will keep uploading for Doodstream until they just close their business and then move to a new one.

The average life cycle of a hosting service is about 5 years. After that, the problems start. If you are starting a new project I would use another company that has been around for at least 2 years. Obviously, Doodstream is the highest paying of all the hosting companies out there. I will keep uploading for Doodstream until they just close their business and then move to a new one.
Usually what problems can cause a host to close?

Do you already have a new hoster in mind?

I strongly think it depends on your needs. If you are primarily making money off your own site ads and are less oriented about video ads themselves, then I'd say you should use another hosts, but if you are oriented on making money with videohost ads, then obviously doodstream is still best. My experience has shown that even if host closes soon, it's still much more profitable to use it than other videohosts which maybe live longer but lie, shave, manipulate with views and barely pay anything. And it's still one of leading variants IMO.
That being sad I definitely think you should use at least one alternative player in case something happens to it.

Is VOE a good alternative to Doodstream? Or which host do you prefer?

I need:
- stable video host
- high rates are not so important
- No inactive deletion (optional because streamsb and streamhide have shown in the past what could happen)

Back