Status
Not open for further replies.

EL-Warez

I would like to know if its "legal".I and some friends opened a internet radio station to share our music and talk.

Is it legal?Or its counted as warez illegal?

14 comments
That totally depends on the content. If you own the content, i'm sure it's legal. If you don't own the content it can't be legal.

u still need a internet radio license.Every country have different ones, if its a samll little station its not that dear.

In shoutcast.com all these internet radios having a licence?Second we are on a free server company dedicated for internet radios.

sorry i should have made it clear, u should have a license by law but most people dont have them unless there a real big station.So there isnt really a need for u to get one.

In shoutcast.com all these internet radios having a licence?Second we are on a free server company dedicated for internet radios.

Yes they all need licenses. You are going to need an MP3 Streaming License and all the music you broadcast can not be downloaded illegaly. They have to be legally downloaded music. If you follow all these steps you should be good. Also I would suggest not making an internet radio. Their is already way to many of them.

Its not for money Raymond,its just for fun between our friends.

I read some years ago when i wanted to start one that you can buy a licence.Anyone can take me in a page to see?Also in a topic here i saw a site fees,like 0.001 per song you play.

@EL-Warez

I dont think you understand me...

The songs you play on your radio station. They need to be bought legally. You can not have got them il legally

my mate use to have a radio site was big aswell and he got a email saying he no lience to use radio online so he had to buy one but forgot how much he paid and he used downloaded music and he never heard anything since from them

hes from uk aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back