• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FancyPants

I DEMAND ON BEHALF OF WJUNCTION OR PERHAPS JUST ME AND DELETED THAT WJUNCTION SHOULD GET AN IRC.

Whoo! that felt good getting out of my system. Now lets get to business. The chatbox on the index is pretty small, I browse off onto another tab just to come back in a minute and find out that my last shout is gone. I end up having to go through loads of work to get to the archive and finding the las shout that was made by me and read the replies.

Also an IRC would make us look cool like all the other big kids :D So in nutshell we NEED to get an IRC. VOTE!

Also on another note DeLeTeD said an integrated IRC plugin for vB would also be cool instead of the Cyb shoutbox.

18 comments
Well we have a chatbox so, erhh

if we didnt have a chatbox this wud be a great idea

I think someone made a IRC for this forum and it didnt get far

yea tippie did, and the reason why it didn't become popular is because anyone could be anybody. If it was integrated with vb I am sure it would be a hit. It is much better then the cyb chatbox, and my vote is going for yes.

Maybe it will make the server rest a little without having to refresh the chatbox every 10 seconds, unless IRC puts more load?

I think we have enough people to have an active IRC, but it should be a personal one. Like irc.wjunction.com not at wrzhost.

It's not hard to set up a proper irc and if katz can't do it I will lose some respect for the management.

I think we have enough people to have an active IRC, but it should be a personal one. Like irc.wjunction.com not at wrzhost.

It's not hard to set up a proper irc and if katz can't do it I will lose some respect for the management.

The staff will never agree to do this and it's better to pick the oldest host that has been on wjunction forever if you want my opinion.

The irc chan I started a while ago was pretty successful.

yea mrsandvik is right in the sense of abused names. Tippies would work, and did work. However intergrated with user names would be better. No more name taking bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back