IPB or vB?

• IPB FTW!

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • vB FTW!

Votes: 82 67.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used IPB since version 2.1.3, every time I want to install a update, I have to add modification I need, I was forced to do skin edits and file edits too, that was boring but you do it every year or something.

After I tried version 3, I realty didn't done any skin or file edit to my forum, it is all about upload some files and add some installer by ACP.

This big advantage now toward IPB.

VB ALL THE FUCKING WAY !!!!!

IPB is a wanna be, lol.
Its to noob friendly. And lacks a lot of features.
Vbulletin is more hardcore and once you know how to use it its like having god mod in cod4

If IPB is so great why are all these awesome sites using it?

-BRAZZERS.com
-vbteam.info
-***************** (hmm digital point is censored for some reason)
-nextgenboards.com
-RageZone.com

-nextgenupdate.com
-halo3forum.com
-gametrailers.com
-wjunction.com
-katzforums.com
-warezscene.org
-Rune-Server.org

True, vB is older than IPB. But whenever IPB introduced something new vB followed with implementing pretty much the exact some thing. They have been doing so since IPB 2.1 or 2.2 (with the user profiles (comments, friends system, etc) and various other parts and small details). Vb 4 takes that to the extreme: portal, integrated SEO, overall looks and layout, etc. It really isn't hard to see. They are running after the facts these days when they used to be at the top of their game. The main thing that keeps alot of users unaware of this fact is that they have their brand and is more widely used.

Kinda like nVidia at the moment: their cards are slower and less price competitive than ATi atm but the average Joe doesn't know that and still thinks that NV are the of the.

Bottom line
People have different opinions about these 2 softwares.
They are equally as good.

THREAD CLOSED

oh wait nvm im not a mod LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back