IPB LinkChecker Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman

After working for few days on IPB LinkChecker Bot, i have finally coded one which works. It is from scratch and no bot's code resembles this. It is really light weight and just around 200 lines of code and one file :)
Features :
1)Checks RS.de , RS.com , Sendspace , MU , MS , Depositfiles and Mediafire links.
Uses file_get_contents for all hosts except megashares to check links. Uses cURL to check megashares because it requires cookies to be set.
2)Works for post uncoded , coded , quoted and using URL BBCode.
3)Bins the post if more than specified percent of dead links are found , pms the user about it and posts in that topic
4)If all links are alive it adds specified message at the end of the post and the description.
5)If some links are live and some are dead i.e less than specified % , it reports the post.
6)If no relevant links are found ie no RS and blah blah links it adds to the ignore list. If you want the LC to check ignored links it can be accessed by ?checki to the url of bot.php
7)Very light weight and just one file and easy to the messages posted , the forums checked.
8)Uses 3 ways to access the posts where first way is
i) The topics have not been checked even once
ii) If first method doesnt work it checks for time difference where it checks the topics where 24 hours have passed after checking.
iii)If second method doesnt work it checks all the topics.
9)The scripts stops for 15 seconds after check 20 topics or 50 links to prevent any wrongful binning and checking.

Released, get it at http://maxwcoders.com

Enjoy,
Dman

37 comments
Thanks mate, i will have a look at it. Can anyone tell me how does a default report system in VB work i mean does it PM admins/mods emails ?

hm.. it send email to admins/and mods.. here you have a simple report:

nickname ( mailto:nickname@hisemail.com ) has reported this post:

http://yourdomain.com/new-domain-10887-post18675.html#post18675

This is part of this thread:
New domain
http://yourserver.com/new-domain-10887.html

This is the reason that the user gave:
test of report

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

and dont see anywhere more that report ;/
its only (i think) email reports.

That mod would be great but once it finds like 100's of links dead then the PM will be FULL. I bet your already making a feature to disabled the PM feature. It would be better if it PMs the thread starter.

maybe if that bot find more then 50% links (i think it that working?) it will be send msg for admin/mods and this user about that, on email. or only to admin/mods?

There is a feature to disable sending PMs to thread starters.
I have also made a feature where u set the $perd value which in my case is 75 so if it finds more then 75% links dead, it pms the user and moves to bin if less 75% are dead it reports the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back