IPB LinkChecker Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman

After working for few days on IPB LinkChecker Bot, i have finally coded one which works. It is from scratch and no bot's code resembles this. It is really light weight and just around 200 lines of code and one file :)
Features :
1)Checks RS.de , RS.com , Sendspace , MU , MS , Depositfiles and Mediafire links.
Uses file_get_contents for all hosts except megashares to check links. Uses cURL to check megashares because it requires cookies to be set.
2)Works for post uncoded , coded , quoted and using URL BBCode.
3)Bins the post if more than specified percent of dead links are found , pms the user about it and posts in that topic
4)If all links are alive it adds specified message at the end of the post and the description.
5)If some links are live and some are dead i.e less than specified % , it reports the post.
6)If no relevant links are found ie no RS and blah blah links it adds to the ignore list. If you want the LC to check ignored links it can be accessed by ?checki to the url of bot.php
7)Very light weight and just one file and easy to the messages posted , the forums checked.
8)Uses 3 ways to access the posts where first way is
i) The topics have not been checked even once
ii) If first method doesnt work it checks for time difference where it checks the topics where 24 hours have passed after checking.
iii)If second method doesnt work it checks all the topics.
9)The scripts stops for 15 seconds after check 20 topics or 50 links to prevent any wrongful binning and checking.

Released, get it at http://maxwcoders.com

Enjoy,
Dman

37 comments
Sounds VERY nice, I've always been a big IP.B fanboy, current project I'm working on is IP.Board based, so I may be a little biased :D , can't wait until it is/if it is released.

I forgot to adds just two columns to ibf_topics no tables :) and made a new update it even check links if its like
test - rapidshare.com/files/test.rar

IPB is almost ready for release and some progress in VB .. 60% done
Anyone know a good report mod for VB to use it in my link checker bot ? default one sucks

I tested the vbulletin bot hehe :P its awesome keep it up man. o and if anyone could find a report mod for vb that would be greatful as it will help Dman a lot! If not I'll find one when i get back.

Regards,
iMack

Someone finally manned up to try beat warezfreaks LC bot for IPB. dEmOn fowarded me dmans pm to try and get us to release our bot. Coded in perl so alot faster than php, and can check topics like 50+ per second.. had to ad a delay due to the external hosts banning our IP temp for multiple requests in the short period of time thus making the bot think the links are dead and we would have 500 posts in garbage in a few seconds :D

What does coded in PERL have todo with speed. Perl faster than PHP is debatable.. I was not aware of your site nor your bot so i never tried to beat your bot and i dont see a release link ?

hehe, yea Core and I discussed it and I did not hear anything from ya. So we started talking and decided to work on our own.
~Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back