Status
Not open for further replies.

jayfella

Veteran
Ok - i formatted my computer yesterday coz i completely fucked something up bigstyle, so in the process, changed my 3-disk RAID-0 setup to a 2-disk setup, leaving a 160GB free for a KDE install.

Thing is, im a windows guy, always will be, so i want windows to be a priority. Is there any way to get these to dual-boot with windows taking presidence in the "dual-boot" count-down and get it to install on the spare 160GB without affecting my current setup?

I really dont wanna have to install windows again if i fuck it up, so does anybody know the main options i need to be looking out for in order to make this procedure as painless as possible?

4 comments
I've done it with Opensuse twice.

I had to play a bit with GRUB.

If you install linux first then windows, just use easybcd for sorting it out (very easy)

From the topic title i assume you're a linux n00b. KDE is a desktop environment not a linux flavor.

If you're kicking off you can trying Opensuse, or Ubuntu ...

yeah, dude, what you said, means nothing to me xD im a complete n00b yeah but i keep trying and trying to go back to it. I dont know why i hate the "non-GUI" commands, i grew up in a MS-DOS 5 environment lol. Suppose its just habit -.-

How to install Ubuntu Desktop on linux VPS?

Hi, can anyone tell me how to install Ubuntu Desktop... I have Ubuntu [FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']10.4 64 bit... I need also gnome and vnc... Thanks in advance...
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back