India has more Phones than Toilets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Happy

The results of a survey out show that their are more phones than Toilets in Indian Homes.

"Data unveiled late Tuesday said 47 percent of the country's 330 million households have toilet facilities, but that 63 percent of homes have telephone connections -- mostly mobiles."

That's pretty much the whole story but you can read more at
http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.14de6ae2a8ab7df107dee8993010e459.2f1
I think it's really weird.

edit for people who don't understand:

This is household not person. Saying your granny, brother, sister has a phone or that you have 5 phones doesn't mean anything. It's household. A house is a house not a person.

It's Indian census data which is official not some small shitty survey of a few random people.

This is the only recorded country in the world to have more phones than toilets.

Last edited:
35 comments
why that's weird ...today everyone including your brother,sister,mom,dad,grandfather have a mobile phone....but you don't need a toilet seat for every person in your home

1] You shouldn't believe these type of stats, they can never be correct
2] Wont explain much but only 47% has toilets & 67% has phones is utterly stupid statement :facepalm: Being Indian I know better

Indians are work hard people don't like to shitting all day like all others. (Jok)

The Phone and Age Ratio: (Maybe this helps you to understand)
Age 5-12 = Must has a cell phone
Age 13-20 = 2/5 Cell phones
Age 21-30 = 2/8 Cell Phones
Age 31-60+ = 1/2 Cell phones

That's why the Ratio status like that. Make a stupid counts just makes you a Moran. Nothing else. <_<

why that's weird ...today everyone including your brother,sister,mom,dad,grandfather have a mobile phone....but you don't need a toilet seat for every person in your home

OK I've edited the first post. Please note the following:

That this is household not person. Saying your granny, brother, sister has a phone or that you have 5 phones doesn't mean anything. It's household. A house is a house not a person.

It's Indian census data which is official not some small shitty survey of a few random people.

This is the only recorded country in the world to have more phones than toilets.

OK I've edited the first post. Please note the following:

That this is household not person. Saying your granny, brother, sister has a phone or that you have 5 phones doesn't mean anything. It's household. A house is a house not a person.

census data collector which came to my house didn't inquire about toilet or phone :| they just took Family members name, education attained & left :|

census data collector which came to my house didn't inquire about toilet or phone :| they just took Family members name, education attained & left :|
Census data can come from various sources not just asking people at the door. The point is it's official. Official Unemployed data isn't collected by asking people at the door every month is it?

You know how much I give out about alexa, comscore, net applications and other data being inaccurate and how it's collected and that I don't post about small shitty surveys but this is Official data from an Indian Government Agency.

lmao for posting an obvious crap
every country has more toilets then cell phones
i don't really need to read any kind of survey/news to know that

i did not really felt like reading your post i read your thread title and some posts which i found hilarious lool
anyway what's the point of this thread ? i failed to understand that
posting such thread knowing WJ is flooded with indians (which ofc not a bad thing lol)
i can see where you were taking it
well i don't care anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back