IMDb Generator (Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaZe

Veteran

WHAT IS IMDb GENERATOR ?
IMDb Generator is a free online tool developed by BlaZe. It is useful for uploaders who wish to grab movie details & poster from IMDb.com and use it in their topics/threads/posts. It is currently in beta stage and you can expect few bugs. Also it would be nice if you can suggest some features as its made for you.
THREE DIFFERENT OUTPUTS

1. BBCode (used in forums, message boards, etc.)
  2. HTML (used in wordpress, joomla, drupal, blogger, etc.)
  3. Preview (to see how does the generated post looks like)
UPLOAD MOVIE COVER TO LULZIMG.COM
Just check the checkbox for 'Upload Movie Cover to LulzImg'​
HOW TO USE IMDb GENERATOR

Enjoy your generated output.

Note: As this is a free tool, you can share it with your friends. Let them know that such tool exists.

Special Thanks to -
l0calh0st, humour, r0ck, JmZ, mRAza, t3od0r & Halcyon for helping me learn PHP & MySQL.

Note:
It'll take me more time to fix the grabbing error from IMDb.com since I use a pre-made class and until the original owner fixes it, I cannot do much. Till now I've figured out only to fix the 'Genres' data, rest is still to be fixed. So sorry for the delay.

Neoteric Post Generator v1.0 (N-PostGen)

Last edited:
67 comments
@stefan-te, No problem ;)

@diablo9975, Yeah still learning PHP :D

@dotsisrec, Thanks.

@wrestledld, Oh sorry, as its on a free host, I cannot complain xD Please check it now, its online.

@CocktailBud, Your welcome :D

i manage to understand the basic but how do I come across of grabbing a picture url from one site and upload it on lulz and grabbing picture url and post it on bb codes O.o i'm still clueless

Thanks I understand better but i stumble a bit on preg_match command I read about it and I cant seem how people manage to get the right stuff out weird symbol that make no sense to me
PHP:
 preg_match('#\[IMG\](.*)\[\/IMG\]#', $data, $matches);

This what I don't understand much #\[IMG\](.*)\[\/IMG\]# what is all the simple telling what to search can you break it down to me explain what those do? like # is and / is and other symbol I manage to learn ^ start line and $ endline ect

preg_match uses "Perl Compatible Regex library" so you have to search for Regex or regular expression in Google to find infos about it. It's a pretty powerful tool, worth to learn.

'#\[IMG\](.*)\[\/IMG\]#' is the search pattern string

# is the delimiter (it's on both sides of the string). You can use modifiers that are placed after the ending delimiter. For example '#\[IMG\](.*)\[\/IMG\]#i' for case-insensitive search (so both IMG and img match the pattern)

\[IMG\] matches the string [/I]. You have to escape [I][[/I] and [I]][/I] by a backslash because normally you use those to match a character set ([I][a-z][/I] matches [I]any letter, [a-zA-z0-9_] any alphanumeric character[/I] [I]and underscore[/I])

. matches any character

* means 0 or more times (if it wouldnt be there, in your case, it would only match a single character, like [I][IMG]a
or
). In the place of * you can also use + for one or more times or {max,min} like {2,10} for min x, max y times.

(.*) parentheses are used to capture a part of a pattern. $matches[0] will contain the whole matching string, $matches[1] the first captured part (between the first pair of parentheses), $matches[2] the second ...

\/ - here the / is also escaped, I don't really know why, I think it would work without it. It should be escaped when the delimiter is not # but /.

Last edited:
Note:
It'll take me more time to fix the grabbing error from IMDb.com since I use a pre-made class and until the original owner fixes it, I cannot do much. Till now I've figured out only to fix the 'Genres' data, rest is still to be fixed. So sorry for the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back