Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how iFile acted unreasonably here. They're not a big fish, it's a one man show and a small operation. You were in the wrong for not doing your due diligence and assuming that $15 for 3 months gave you the right to store 6TB of files, regardless of the fact that the advertised space was unlimited.

You're naive if you believe unlimited exists and take a host's word for it, especially when you've paid measly bucks for said storage space. I'd say you are to blame for being naive and the host is to blame for false advertising. Your files being lost is your own fault; hosts are crooks. Unlimited does not exist.

I don't see how iFile acted unreasonably here. They're not a big fish, it's a one man show and a small operation. You were in the wrong for not doing your due diligence and assuming that $15 for 3 months gave you the right to store 6TB of files, regardless of the fact that the advertised space was unlimited.

You're naive if you believe unlimited exists and take a host's word for it, especially when you've paid measly bucks for said storage space. I'd say you are to blame for being naive and the host is to blame for false advertising. Your files being lost is your own fault; hosts are crooks. Unlimited does not exist.

At the end of the day, you can argue all you want about whether I was being reasonable, or if I considered how my actions contributed to global warming, or how I am killing the whales...

But if you advertise something, who am I to evaluate whether or not their business model is viable and sustainable?

If they really had thought this through, it would be in their ToS, and on their advertisement pages. I believe it is amoral and down right dodgy to just pull the plug with no notice.

Then there is the issue of stealing the remaining balance too...

TBH, 6TB is not a huge space. Maybe if he had stored 1000TB data on an 18$ account, that would have been somewhat unjustified.

@OP
It was a little stupid on your part. The only reason people go with such shady hosts is because they are storing illegal files.
If you wanted to store Legal Files you should have gone with Dropbox or Box.

At the end of the day, you can argue all you want about whether I was being reasonable, or if I considered how my actions contributed to global warming, or how I am killing the whales...

But if you advertise something, who am I to evaluate whether or not their business model is viable and sustainable?

If they really had thought this through, it would be in their ToS, and on their advertisement pages. I believe it is amoral and down right dodgy to just pull the plug with no notice.

Then there is the issue of stealing the remaining balance too...

Clearly your argument means naught when the situation itself proves everything I've said.

Playing dumb doesn't help your case, especially when you've proven over the last 3 pages that you're capable of thinking things from a logical point of view. If you're going to say you're not one to evaluate their business model or consider the situation, then well, go ahead. No one here loses anything except for yourself.

Sure you can come in here and cry about how you lost 6TB of files that you were paying $5/month for, but, I'm not really sure if anyone will care.

@ajinkya
Granted it's no big deal for a sizable filehost, but for someone small enough like iFile, I'm pretty sure it was a big deal.

2TB HDD = ~$200

3TB HDD = ~$250

If you use 6TB, you may cost them $600 for HDD Disk, and you didn't bring them so many premim accounts, so they suspend your account.

Hmm. ifile is ~3000 on alexa and they've been around since 2006, surely they're not that small?

Now I only recovered 10 TB of them on RapidShare.
I don't know whether RapidShare can afford it or not.
Let me wait some months and I will see.
I have 11TB on rapidshare without a problem so far, have transferred TBs in a day as well.

Please let us know if rapidshare does end up taking action in the future.

They're the richest filehost though, they can easily afford to keep your files.

The max filesize they allow is 1GB. (Uploading 6 1gb files would suspend a premium account :blink:)
I have seen many users uploading files like Android ROM's (~150mb) on ifile.it. They can easily go above 5gb in a year with a $25 premium account :|

Also why would a downloader buy a premium account on ifile? Most of there premium benefits are only for the 'uploaders'
-Organize and search your files.
-Unlimited storage space
-Advanced file importer tool
-No file expiry
-Cheapest cloud storage

where is the dislike button on WJ ?

Since when is 6TB = 6GB ??? :blink:

thanks for pointing that out >_< edited

where is the dislike button on WJ ?

-Click
reputation.gif

-Select 'I disapprove' [ohnoez]

Last edited:
To the mod that edited the OP with the best intentions, you accidentally deleted the wrong link. ;)

I did not care about masking the email, but I did it just in case... this time.

Also, these files were not uploaded over night. It was over the course of about 3months (ironically halfway through my 6month subscription). I do not understand how of you could think just pulling the plug with no notice as part of a host's "Operational Best Practice".

Also, slightly off topic, but I originally got premium there for their awesome speeds (both up and down).

Wow just wow,

I try to be reasonable with you and give you a hint that what you are hosting is against the TOS (6TB of copyrighted videos) and furthermore you are waaay the heaviest user of the system.

I put a blind eye on this account for months costing us thousands of euro over several months (go to Amazon S3 or Google and see how much it costs to store 6TB...) .

And then try do the decent thing and try to give you a chance to backup your files and not delete them straight away (even tho I should), leaving them to expire eventually if inactive.

And you come here and start this thread? Well screw you, no more mister nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back