Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeron

Here's my situation:

In a group of friends, I'm pretty much the only one that knows computer stuff. I'd like a way to distribute software to them in a fairly easy way. Instead of teaching them how to surf warez sites or torrent (a few know how), I decided I would like to create a private warez link site. I'm only going to make accounts for people that I know personally.

I've already written all the code necessary for my site (login & everything), I am unsure about hosting though. I might setup a dedicated computer at home to run the site on. I live in the US though. Should I get an offshore host? Like I said, my site will be private, Invite by me only so I shouldn't get any threats right?

5 comments
haha i've got nothing to worry about there.

and hmm...i dont have a SSL server setup, should i worry about my friends at a unniversity?

their admin could packet sniff and take their password/password hash and get me in trouble.

50% chance of getting in trouble of less than 10 people using your private site VS 50% chance of getting in trouble with thousands of viewers searching your site ever day.

I'd take that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back