I need tips to make my image host famous

Status
Not open for further replies.

ageadm

I might be a decent programmer, but I suck at advertising. I've created an image host and I've put it online. We're online since March and I couldn't get a lot of traffic to my website. There are a few users here and there and I've managed to get 400+ followers on Twitter, but there's still no big use of my website.

My image host offers some unique features that are really useful. I don't have an idea how I'd "magnify" those features and tell people about them, nor do I have a clue how to put my image host in people's heads in general. Social networks are fine, but they don't guarantee lots of usage.

The UI is also super friendly and I've followed the best practices in regards to "friendliness".

I know that paying users for views is an option, but I'm as poor as it gets. I'm paying for the host from my own money as ads are not generating anything near the server costs, in fact, I'm still in cents.

What is it that I'm not knowing? How do I make my image host more famous?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

10 comments
For some reason your website makes my browser freeze when I try to load more images. Probably too much memory use by some script? Usign Firefox on Mac OS X.

Your tool is pretty cool, maybe you can get more traffic by creating sections, for example, "cars", "food", "soccer" and so on, just like Imgur and Reddit does. Good luck!

And you need to fix some SEO errors, for example all titles on your website are the same, and the URLs are not friendly. Make sure to submit a sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools every once a while.

I got a little confused on how I comment on the images, what I need to do? Sign-up? If yes, where? I didn't find a button in the comment sections telling me that I need to sign-up or login in order to make a comment.

Last edited:
Try to get approved by some larger forums.(Negotiate with the owners, show them that your site is unique in some way).
Also a good idea is to open an affiliate sisters site. In that case you will attract uploaders and get reputation.

Try to get approved by some larger forums.(Negotiate with the owners, show them that your site is unique in some way).
Also a good idea is to open an affiliate sisters site. In that case you will attract uploaders and get reputation.

I didn't think of this, but this idea is quite good... Actually pretty awesome. Becoming an official image host for different communities is indeed a great way to gain fame. Thanks a lot for this!

For some reason your website makes my browser freeze when I try to load more images. Probably too much memory use by some script? Usign Firefox on Mac OS X.

Your tool is pretty cool, maybe you can get more traffic by creating sections, for example, "cars", "food", "soccer" and so on, just like Imgur and Reddit does. Good luck!

And you need to fix some SEO errors, for example all titles on your website are the same, and the URLs are not friendly. Make sure to submit a sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools every once a while.

I got a little confused on how I comment on the images, what I need to do? Sign-up? If yes, where? I didn't find a button in the comment sections telling me that I need to sign-up or login in order to make a comment.

Thanks for your feedback and also thanks A LOT for the bug report - I'll look into that ASAP. Those sections, I'll look into that too; It seems very promising.

What's with the webmaster tool? Why is it so important to use it regularly?

Google Webmaster Tools is a service provided by the world main search engine, so it's a excellent way to show them what you are doing and how to improve it. You can register your website by using a Google account here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en

Every once in a while, Google will provide informations about your website, if you're doing something right or wrong, they will tell as soon as possible. This way you can fix it without hurting your SEO performance and improving your ranking position on search results.

Google Webmaster Tools is a service provided by the world main search engine, so it's a excellent way to show them what you are doing and how to improve it. You can register your website by using a Google account here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en

Every once in a while, Google will provide informations about your website, if you're doing something right or wrong, they will tell as soon as possible. This way you can fix it without hurting your SEO performance and improving your ranking position on search results.
Thanks for clearing things up here :). I've taken your idea about categories and put it in development. I've concluded that it's a nice way to sort images based on category and let each user view what they desire.

Please keep suggestions coming. Until now they have been totally helpful. Thanks.

Thanks for clearing things up here :). I've taken your idea about categories and put it in development. I've concluded that it's a nice way to sort images based on category and let each user view what they desire.

Please keep suggestions coming. Until now they have been totally helpful. Thanks.

No problems! You can always talk to me if you need any suggestion for your project. :) Good luck!

Hi

well, first of all you need stable server.
try to contact with bloggers and inform them about your website and service.
work on SEO
and have good communication with users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back