Status
Not open for further replies.

fuchen

"ilix. in" = Illegal ???

Hello, Guys,

I would like to build up a site like "ilix. in".

Before that, I have a question:

Is a site like "ilix. in" against the copyright?

Some of Sharing host store many illegal content that may cause the site owner to receive warning letter from Government or Copyright Owner.

Has the shorten linksite the same potential problem? ( Links direct users to Download Page of File Sharing Host, like Raipshare, Hotfiles, which may store illegal files.)

10 comments
A link shortening service is legal, and so is linking in general depending on where you live and have your server.

I HIGHLY Doubt this is Illegal in any context what so ever!

Your providing a service that shrinks a URL so that its a manageable link to remember!

Saying this is Illegal is like saying you can't have 2 domains for 1 site :/

there 2 separate addresses but leading to the same content

Links direct users to Download Page of File Sharing Host, which may store illegal files.

Shorten Link works as a "Director", direct the user to download illegal files on 3rd parties File Sharing Host, like Rapidshare, Hotfile...etc

Will this cause trouble to the Shorten Link Site Owner?

nope mate.....Its Legal....u are providing Link redirection service..u are not storing any warez files on ur server.........So its not a prob...

no offense link protector sites get banned from 99% of all warez sites so its pretty pointless starting it if your aiming at warez related sites :|

Are rapidshare Illegal?

Of course if that are an private site and are aimed to link exclusivity to warez or any illegal services, yes are.
Open to public and using an politic of remove any illegal url detected or reported, no prob.

Anw if are to warez forget the idea, links aren't accepted in any place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back