How to reduce Bounce rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickiesmith43

Hi All
I am observing that my site is getting high bounce rate from the traffic coming from social media sites and also from Google. Does it have any bad impact on search engine rankings? Also how to reduce bounce rate on my website?

13 comments
Bounce rate isn't a search engine ranking factor But As the readers are frequently leaving your site then It may show Google that your site content isn't engaging and helpful to them.
If you really want to reduce bounce rate of your website then you should first focus on the quality of your content. If your content will be helpful and informative then readers may love to read them and get engaged with your content.
Also offer them related content linked in your articles.
Linking related content in your articles will help you to reduce bounce rate of your website. So Just keep in mind that you only have to write informative and quality content.

Bounce rate isn't a search engine ranking factor But As the readers are frequently leaving your site then It may show Google that your site content isn't engaging and helpful to them.
If you really want to reduce bounce rate of your website then you should first focus on the quality of your content. If your content will be helpful and informative then readers may love to read them and get engaged with your content.
Also offer them related content linked in your articles.
Linking related content in your articles will help you to reduce bounce rate of your website. So Just keep in mind that you only have to write informative and quality content.

I always write in-depth articles, but still my Bounce rate is on higher side? I asked many of the my friends who are in the same field from longer of time, but I have not got any solution.

High bounce rate would affect your search engine ranking.
These are the way to reduce bounce rate:
[h=4]Set Realistic Expectations: Benchmark Averages for Bounce Rates[/h][h=4]Attract the Right Visitors[/h][h=4]Enhance Usability[/h][h=4]Speed Up Page Load Time[/h]Provide Quality Content

Add and link other pages on your home page to reduce bounce rate of your website so that online users could visit them. Also add some informative webpages to your website.

The main reason of increasing bounce-rate is content. The different reason is your website doesn't direct reader well. It means that you don't suggest anymore for reader when they access a landing page. [¬_¬] The normal bounce rate is about 40 - 50% and it depends on the kind of website. First off, make sure that the content is good and then direct the website :v

I agree internal linking and quality content on each page is the way to go, give them something interesting to read and they'll stay there longer

One example of a good internal linking is having breadcrumbs on your pages. It makes users be aware of what depth the current page has, and encourages them to click on breadcrumb links to check out other similar/related contents in your site where the current post/page/content belongs to.

Therefore it encourages navigation through your site as well as having a good point of reference.

Last edited:
Bounce rate is not necessarily a search engine ranking factor, but it is a cause for concern because Google might deem the website as not helpful for users. Quality and engaging content is important, be clear about your particular niche, your objectives and clearly show other places that visitors can check for more information (this can include links to other pages in your website or pages from another website).

n order to use our service to send out emails, all subscribers in the list should be properly double opted-in, which means that you should have sent those subscribers an email asking them to verify their email address (and their willingness to receive your emails). This action serves a dual purpose: a) you are eliminating any invalid email addresses that might have been entered; and b) making sure that the email recipients do in fact own that email account and do wish to receive your emails. If a campaign generates an unusual amount of bounces, then that is a strong indicator that the list was not maintained properly. A couple of reasons that could cause this are:

• The list was never double opted-in, so invalid email addresses are in the list. For instance, email addresses with a typo would be removed with this process.
  • The list was not emailed for a while, so some email addresses (their domains, rather) could have expired in the meantime. If you are emailing a list that contains non-existing emails, then those will bounce back, and your sender (aka us) could be marked as a spammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back