Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenup

Hello,

I'm owning an internet marketing forum with daily posts and members

but How to make forum become popular, it's difficult with me, hope here I can have any new ideas from all of you.

Thanks

18 comments
If you have the money, I would suggest you to get some banner advertisements on other popular forums for a faster growth. Others you can spread your forum news in various social platforms and communities to generate more visitors to member up in your forum.

Link exchanges

Pay for banner spots on like 3 to 5 sites for a few months that have close to the same nitch as your site

Pay for a few people to post like 250 to 500 post each

Pay for a service that can give 10k+ back links these back links need to be on sites with a min of pr 3 really should pr 4 or better any less than pr 3 they will do nothing for your site

Last edited:
It's quite ironic that an Internet Market forum needs help market itself.
Well, in anyways, these are your possible options:

- Like RH-Calvin suggested, buy ads on other forums or even adwords.
- Boost your site's SEO so that you come up first on search engines
- Be more social? Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Host competitions on your forum and have members share the competition. Use something like Rafflecopter so that people share your site through FB, twitter and other platforms.
- Post quality content as that's the best attempt if you don't want to spend money
- Post answers/suggestions on another websites like Yahoo answers and list your forum as a source

Link exchanges

Pay for banner spots on like 3 to 5 sites for a few months that have close to the same nitch as your site

Pay for a service that can give 10k+ back links these back links need to be on sites with a min of pr 3 really should pr 4 or better any less than pr 3 they will do nothing for your site

I wouldn't go with that. Link exchange is useful for newbie sites who need exposure. You said you have daily visitors and posts, so no to that. Marketing with sites of same niche may result in losing members too.
Posting 250-500 posts will only increase post count but quality will not improve. This is what I like about Wj, it has quality posts and doesn't use artificial means to show off.

Sure, backlinks will increase PR but it's of no use as your aim here is to get members, simply getting PR wouldn't result in popularity.

Do Social Media Marketing forum your Forum Like Join Related Groups or Page on Facebook, Orkut and Google Plus and share your Forum Links . you can Also Collect Seo Person Email Ids And sent him Email About Your New Forum.

And Make Forum user Friendly, Provide Dofollow Signature Links, Dont Put To many Ads on Forum.

The very first and most important of all things is CONTENT.
You have to prove your forum informative and that which can attract readers.

Link exchanges

I agree with 2 first factors that you suggested but I don't agree with buying 10k+ backlinks, it can be harmful to my site and reduce rankings on search engines. : )

I would suggest doing the work with SEO as well as identifying and marketing to your target audience, word of mouth advertising works great too, provide a clean and neat forum, moderate it well, don't let spam or bad apples take over your forum, keep it interesting and fun, contests, games, ect, and that would all be a good foundation to start building a successful community website. :D

I would suggest doing the work with SEO as well as identifying and marketing to your target audience, word of mouth advertising works great too, provide a clean and neat forum, moderate it well, don't let spam or bad apples take over your forum, keep it interesting and fun, contests, games, ect, and that would all be a good foundation to start building a successful community website. :D

Yeah I know SEO's still the best way to increase traffic and it's free advertising via search engines but it's spending more my time . Perhaps I need fast ways to succeed.

With forums, you really need to prioritize two things: getting guests to visit your forum, and making sure they stick around. The first can be achieved through good content and promotion on social media, most forums don't struggle with getting at least some real humans looking at their site. The problem is the stick around part. A guest reads a thread they found through Google and goes on to lurk the forum and realizes it's dead so never joins.

You need to fake some initial activity to trick guests into joining. Reduce the number of sections so that each section looks "full". Create a bunch of fake accounts with different personalities and make them produce good content. Basically just fake it until you make it. Paypal did something similar when they started out. They created a bot that would purchase items on eBay and insist the seller use Paypal to complete the transaction. Nobody would have joined Paypal if it seemed like it wasn't used anywhere, and similarly nobody is going to join a dead forum.

You must start contests with forum like
Best thread of week, Best thread of moth Best thread of year.
then best post of day enough for posts. best users etc etc.

referral contests another good thing.

give good prizes for winners.

then i think you must try postloop.com also

traffic,seo and quality contents heart of your forum.

Last edited:
try to make contests & giveaways on Facebook to get more members on your Forum ;)
This very effective but spending more time and efforts.

You must start contests with forum like
Best thread of week, Best thread of moth Best thread of year.
then best post of day enough for posts. best users etc etc.

referral contests another good thing.

give good prizes for winners.

then i think you must try postloop. com also

traffic,seo and quality contents heart of your forum.
Thanks for great ideas, what sites that you want to recommend me to have references
and it will get more effective to attract more other members?

Last edited:
I think it's one of the most difficult task.

I suggest you check out your competition, see what they are doing and think about ways how to improve it. Then think something new that they don't do, and might be interesting for your users.

But this is just one factor.

You will need content. Lots of interesting topics.

You should get a good forum software as well that offers lots of settings.

At first it's very likely that you will not make any money out of it, but if it takes off it can bring a really good money.

hope here I can have any new ideas from all of you.
05.jpg

Hey could you recommend me which seo tools to use for forums?

Also i have recently visited a few forums myself. Do the same visit different forums and think which forums would you yourself like to register for and ask yourself these questions : Why do i want to register here ( I registered on the forums purely because of the content they offered and other support so i could ask questions)

What made me register: i.e locked content where you have to be registered to view or say thank you or post etc but being registered is enough i think forums which ask their users to post in order to see the link kinda become spammy because of too many people just saying thanks in order to open the link.

And follow the advice given above by other people!

Finally always remember in any website any forum any niche content is king it is one of the biggest factors which increase your traffic and brings you money in the long run :)

i dont write lengthy paragraph but just one line
SEO+ Quality Content ., You don't need anything after that :)
after search people find your site and then they wil linerested to stay in forum .if they find good content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back