How to decrease Server load on VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan

Hello guys ,

i have a wordpress blog with over 55k posts

I have no scheduled posts so most likely this is not a cron job problem

Blog has around 55k tags & 100 categories.

The server load is usually around 1-2 and some times it goes upto 5-10.

i have installed WP super cache.

Other than that i have installed and activated following plugins :
Yoast SEO,Robots meta, Disable search , Quick page/post redirect dev, .html on pages

i have already tried disabling all plugins and enabling one by one, it didn't helped and most likely plugins are not causing the server load.

i have installed nginx over apache on VPS.

Due to the load issues my site also loads slowly and most likely this has resulted in drop of traffic by Search engines.

i am not able to find a way to solve this, if any one has dealt with such an issue any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

21 comments
Can you give us your daily traffic and server spec?

Server load is depends of your traffic and size of your database...

I installed it. It suggested a few things like increasing memory for some variable which I did. The fluctuation of load has reduced considerably but I will analyse the load for more time and will post here if it causes problem again. Thanks a lot for this guide :)

double check the load caused by WP super cache.

How do I check the load caused by a particular plugin? I had read about that core control wordpress plugin, but I'm kind of scared to install more plugins on that site. So is there an alternative?

Can you give us your daily traffic and server spec?

Server load is depends of your traffic and size of your database...

Around 3k traffic.

Specs:
30gb Space
Dedicated RAM 512M
Burstable 1G
CPU cores 1 x 3.2 GHz
CentOS 5 32bit

Thank you :)
write a bash script to kill over loaded process. (ex: httpd)

Any guide to find over loaded process automatically?

I know to to kill, restart etc. but I have never written such bash scripts before. Any reference is appreciated.
Thanks.

Shoot me a pm, i could do server consultation for you free of charge :) i have nothing else better to do right now any way

can someone also help me?

9225bc0fff.jpg

my wordpress site is always down because of high server load. i already tried to disable all the plugins but it did not help me.

thanks!

go to cpanel>>databases tabs you will found myphpadmin click it>>now you will see logo of myphpadmin, right? now below logo you will find database of wordpress click on it>>now you will be find several's tables now check all tables & apply optimize table...
after that you will be get this notification
Your SQL query has been executed successfully........

try to repeat this method every week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back