Status
Not open for further replies.

chaudhary9

i am not a programmer but i will start learning by next week
will go for C++ java Php sql html
now if i devote all my time,how much time,how many months of learning and practise do i need before i can make something good n useful,and is it a good idea?
i might as well wanna monetize from this at later stage

59 comments
by stealing others work :p kidding

its on u, how much tym u can hv for ur coding...
If u r looking for online video Tutorial (Paid), & start from beginning as u mentioned .java & if u already familiar with c
then after a month,u hv basic-good idea on java php html at least.
as they are very simple & common with c.

Other wise it wl tk couple of months to hv a descent idea..

Sql is totally different.

To be honest everyone is completely different. When I started designing I opened photoshop to create my first web design and some how just had it, I have been coding for a long time, I can do it but no expert, after a week of solid design I was selling designs for over $200 for 3 web pages. Then after a week of coding I was still failing, it really depends on the person so you may pick it up really quickley or you may struggle trying to get to grips with it. Good luck and if you do need help look around the WJ tutorials as there is some good tutorials or need any direct help then there's a desognated "Respected Coders" who will be able to help you out! :)

Don't go for online tutorials. In all probabilities, if some part bores you, you'll quit learning. If you join a real physical class then you will have to stick to it as you have paid for it. Also, the teachers can be better guiders because you can interact with them physically and ask your doubt(s) at will.

Try this -- http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php -- all for free and if you want to download all the tutorials for a particular language at ones , try searching for "thenewboston" in thepiratebay and you can find most if not all the tutorials arranged like they are in the youtube playlist bucky (the guy who made all those tutorials) has in his youtube channel.

That is where i started about 2 years ago and those tutorials really helped me , their are tutorials for a lot of mainstream programming languages on that site and TBH , those tutorials are targeted towards new to programming people .

Edit -- just an advice (this worked pretty well for me) , once you are done with html and css , which is pretty basic and wont take long for you to be done with both of them (at least the essentials) ,start with php as it is a very flexible language.

Last edited:
Modern technology, websites, etc... Progress, change, update on a daily basis. Learning is for life. So there is no time frame in which your skills will advance to a professional level. Most importantly, depends on your drive and ambition. Good Luck ;)

Not everyone can be a good programmer and/or designer and vice-verse.

It's not about just doing it, you need to be motivated, not forced and to have eye for it.

Start by learning the basics, move on to intermediate tutorials (there are ton on the internet) then start creating small projects/websites and expand as you go.

You can also download pre-made scripts, check structure, learn from it.

Try this -- http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php -- all for free and if you want to download all the tutorials for a particular language at ones , try searching for "thenewboston" in thepiratebay and you can find most if not all the tutorials arranged like they are in the youtube playlist bucky (the guy who made all those tutorials) has in his youtube channel.

That is where i started about 2 years ago and those tutorials really helped me , their are tutorials for a lot of mainstream programming languages on that site and TBH , those tutorials are targeted towards new to programming people .

Edit -- just an advice (this worked pretty well for me) , once you are done with html and css , which is pretty basic and wont take long for you to be done with both of them (at least the essentials) ,start with php as it is a very flexible language.
thanks a ton
i searched on piratebay n there are lots of tutorial for each language
i guess they'll help alot :D
can i learn from them without any external help?
though i'll be taking classes as well
they will start with html n then php
n which languages do you suggest?
as many said so now i think few months may not b enough but i'll continue to learn n keep practising n some day even after a year or whatever i shall have a good grip :)

i am not a programmer but i will start learning by next week
will go for C++ java Php sql html
now if i devote all my time,how much time,how many months of learning and practise do i need before i can make something good n useful,and is it a good idea?
i might as well wanna monetize from this at later stage

5 years

You're dropping/picking ideas on a whim. You had a different plan on page 1 and a different one on page 2.

If you're serious about this stuff, you need to think seriously. You need to sit down, away from a forum, and plan things out. Decide what you want to do, why you want to do it, how difficult you think it will be for you based on where you currently stand, and what resources you have at your disposal and what you will need to acquire. There are a lot of things to consider in a serious plan that possibly involves a career. And 'I will do C++', then 'I will not do C++' is not one of those plans.

You're dropping/picking ideas on a whim. You had a different plan on page 1 and a different one on page 2.

If you're serious about this stuff, you need to think seriously. You need to sit down, away from a forum, and plan things out. Decide what you want to do, why you want to do it, how difficult you think it will be for you based on where you currently stand, and what resources you have at your disposal and what you will need to acquire. There are a lot of things to consider in a serious plan that possibly involves a career. And 'I will do C++', then 'I will not do C++' is not one of those plans.

actually my interest from start was web development but i was told that C++ provides basics for it so do it,i was going for it only because of that,otherwise i really dont see any reason for it as i dont see any interest in software development
i discussed with respected developers here via pm,who also said C++ wont be required for web dev,so now i dont see any reason to pursue it,i am taking as much advices as i get before i start this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back