How much does it cost to create a filehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're making a joke. the You can not be honest.
20 GB HD - 10 to 1 Movie Backup is full

And 500 GB Bandwidth? This will make in one Day

i will be the only who will upload and i just upload small files

I think what he wants is a simple server for hosting his own files. Maybe a simple file share script will do for him, like xfilesharing free script.

yes i host my own files , but is the xfilesharing demo allow to make money by adv and sleeing accounts ?

Originally Posted by d0d0
is vps with ram 512 ,hdd 20 gb , Bandwidth 500 gb , is it enough for my small file host

Make sure you pick a host that will allow you to upgrade your bandwidth, just incase it gets popular.

Say a big site lists your site, you could go from 200GB a month usage, to 500GB in a single day. Make sure you have no overage fee's. First few months might be very little as you start to grow.

All you should need is FTP access to upload/wget from terminal, and a webserver to serve the files to users. This stuff is easily done.

I would recommend as already suggested - hiring a coder to build the membership type system. Looks for a good programmer who will be around to do extra work as you expand. Or one that codes nicely for the next programmer you will hire.

clearly nobody in this thread understands how a filehost works well enough to make one.
even the people already running filehosts don't know a thing about how it actually works.

There's no point providing recommendations/suggestions to these people.

If you need to ask how to make a filehost, clearly you have no idea and don't belong in the filehosting niche.

Last thing we need is even more crappy filehosts that last a month, if that. Go educate yourself on something worth knowing instead of trying to jump on the bandwagon and make quick money like the rest of these scammy hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back