How much bandwidth for my website server?

byte_

Hey,

How much bandwidth do I need for my website, is 5 TB enough for:

- ~ 100-150k daily visitors
- each page is on average 1-2MB in size
- 4 main pages
- 20 under pages

How do you calculate that?
Do you know any good hosts for websites?

4 comments
I think looking at these parameters 5TB will be enough, though if you go with a dedicated server, many servers come with a minimum of 10TB bandwidth per month nowadays, so you will be all good with it.

For your website with approximately 100-150,000 daily visitors, 4 main pages, 20 under pages, and each page being 1-2MB in size, you would require around 225GB of daily bandwidth. To cover a month, you would need about 6.75TB. Therefore, the given 5TB of bandwidth should be sufficient to accommodate your website's bandwidth needs for a month, considering potential growth in traffic or content size.

Hey,

- 4 main pages
- 20 under pages

Using Nginx very well optimized and tuning + Caching + Cloudflare it will do the magic.

I would say that 8GB RAM OR 16GB RAM will do the trick. It really depends on how it will be optimized.
Use Caching to improve the load in the server and in CloudFlare.

If you can pay for CDN then BunnyCDN is amazing for such things.

But free plan of Cloudflare if you configure it very well it will save you many €€ and your traffic won't consume a lot.
Everything is possible, if you can't use Nginx, then take a look in OLS / LiteSpeed which allows you to use .htaccess rules.

You can check our dedicated servers (starts from 26,50€ Euros):

If you ask me, that could work in VPS? Hmmm, probably yes. But needs really be optimized for such things and VPS is not fully dedicated, so there can be an issue.

Contact us regarding any other question.

Alexhost

Hey,

- 4 main pages
- 20 under pages

Hi,

Assuming each visitor views 6–9 pages, the daily total number of pages viewed will be between 800K to 1.2M. You only need 5-7TB of bandwidth per month based on the strength calculation, you still need to take network redundancy into consideration. Thus, if you wish to be cautious, fair network bandwidth usage will be around 15TB per month.

Back