How image hosting should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/u/vwuf7q.png[/slide]​

This is my first try at creating an image hosting template (or any template really) on Photoshop. Image uploading should be easy and fast and above all, minimalistic. Stop creating complex designs for a simple task.

Comment below. I know the logo blows (just simple text really) but I'm just trying to portray the essence of simple image uploading.
If anybody needs the PSD, just PM me.

12 comments
What do I think? I think it's brilliant. It's beyond brilliant. Simplicity at it's peak.

We don't need bloated web pages with lots of flash, calls to tons of jQuery files and fancy javascript. What the end user needs is a form that he can use to upload and share his images. Maybe an added functionality to upload more than one image at once. Give him just that.

Definitely a decent design there, CM. Gives me more ideas too ;)

Love the concept behind it m8, just add a couple of features like a gallery for managing images and being able to upload more than one image at once.

JGM.

What do I think? I think it's brilliant. It's beyond brilliant. Simplicity at it's peak.

We don't need bloated web pages with lots of flash, calls to tons of jQuery files and fancy javascript. What the end user needs is a form that he can use to upload and share his images. Maybe an added functionality to upload more than one image at once. Give him just that.

Definitely a decent design there, CM. Gives me more ideas too ;)
Agreeeeeeee!

Load of crap if you ask me. Especially the way you tried to achieve your concept.

Example: Your loading a logo. As simple as it is it's still a logo and needs to be loaded. Your also loading two buttons (non clicked and clicked / rollover) and you've the select box which you've customized.

If you want to cut the crap and have a really fast clean loading site like you've shown then you use CSS for the buttons and select option (you can do something like what you've shown and even better in CSS).
You can also highly customize fonts in CSS to create the simple logo which you have.

So my version of what you've done is one tiny html file like you, a css file like you, but zero images. The CSS file only needs about another 10 lines of code to archive the same result which is about 1 hundredth the size of your 3 images.

The latest project I'm working on is a whole website without a single image and it looks amazing (according to the select few on WJ who've seen it) and is as fast as hell as a result and loved by search engines.

Requirements: a coder who's knows what he's at and a GFX artist to make the coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back