How does whmcs team know about its installations and the keys used for the whmcs user

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiker0027

I know it is a kind of idiotic question, but it just struck my mind.
How do the whmcs.com team know when someone installs whmcs on his server. And how does the key get validated. I mean, there would be some script and i want to have a look at it.

It is just that, i am developing a program and i want to know about all the installations. As whmcs takes care becoz of the money involved, following their formula may be a good step.

I already tried to check-out the codes, but i don't understand, where to look for the particular script, that lets them know about the installations>>>>

May somebody help me to locate the thing.:(

5 comments
Encoded file with callbacks and some of the main functions is attached so when someone deletes the file not only the callbacks but the script itself gets fucked up. That's how most of them work.

Btw I agree with l0calh0st :)

@l0calh0st i understand how the stuff works, but i just wanted to know where to look for the things..

@BankRobber then how come nulled whmcs works. In nulled whmcs, the security codes, that validate the keys, usually are changed or removed. Does whmcs know about the nulled whmcs installation.???

no they dont.if they knew,they`d atleast send an email
and well,going after these $15 vps reseller hosts that use a nulled whmcs,its not worth it for them imo.

@BankRobber then how come nulled whmcs works. In nulled whmcs, the security codes, that validate the keys, usually are changed or removed. Does whmcs know about the nulled whmcs installation.???

The thing is, the license file is encoded. WHMCS security team doesn't get informed by their script installtion when the license file is decoded. WHY? Because once decoded, it can be modified not to send the information to the WHMCS servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back