How do I remove adware which is not uninstalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

kart

Hi guys,

I have a small isuue. I am getting full of ads whenever I search for something on firefox browser. I tried to uninstall all unwanted programs from control panel and also uninstalled all the addons which were installed automatically. But still one program I couldn't uninstall it. I also tried to delete those registry values. But still its coming back. Please help me.

Thanks

14 comments
adware issue

Advice for next time is to disable all network connections (like WiFi and LAN ports). Then clean up your machine with Malwarebytes.

This way a really bad malware can not re-download itself and duplicate on your system.

Hope I have been for some help.

Here's my godlike 3 step to remove all kind of adware:
1. Know your enemy: Install Process Explorer (It belongs to Microsoft now, small and safe yet very strong). Use it to looking for strange application like :abc.exe ...
2. Ask Google : search Google for those strange name you've just found. See how people deal with it and do exactly the same. Ask them if neccesary.
3. If you can't find the solution/ all the solution doesn't work/ the adware is completly new => reinstall Firefox might help. If not. reinstall Window.

If my 3 step can't help ya, than donate your old hard disk and get a new one.

This issue is being faced by majority of internet users these days.
Basically Adware being developed these days are really powerful. Also check for any extra add-ons or plugins in your browser settings, as you have already done.
Using ADW cleaner and Malwarebytes after every few days is highly recommended for all the internet users. We don't never know which new infection has been injected in our machine by some unknown source :x:

Been using malware bytes both antimalware and anti exploit. They are less resource hungry and gets the job done. If I were you, I will definitely tune my browsing habits to avoid such adware or other malware hassle. Cheers

Malwarebytes Anti Malware is also my go-to. It's free version is perfect and destroys everything. Even if a virus doesnt let you to open MBAM, it has a "chameleon" mode that masks the .exe with a different ID.. I find it fascinating.

Here's my heavenly 3 stage to expel all sort of adware:

1. Know your foe: Install Process Explorer (It has a place with Microsoft now, little and safe yet exceptionally solid). Use it to searching for unusual application like :abc.exe ...

2. Approach Google : hunt Google down those peculiar name you've recently found. Perceive how individuals manage it and do precisely the same. Inquire as to whether neccesary.

3. In the event that you can't discover the arrangement/all the arrangement doesn't work/the adware is completly new => reinstall Firefox may offer assistance. If not. reinstall Window.

In the event that my 3 stage can't help ya, than give your old hard plate and get another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back