How do Filehosts make money? What are the costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokky

Anyone have a rough estimate on how much it costs to operate a small-sized filehost company? What are the costs? Do premium sign ups alone cover all the costs + profit?

41 comments
Best just forget this completely. By your words, it's obvious you don't have the ability to do anything but get arrested.

$500 should be enough for starting.

buy cheapskate script XFS with basic mods = $250
rent some cheap Ovh/kimsufi servers = $250

maybe just open it for selected quality uploaders cuz too many [STRIKE]leechers/spammers[/STRIKE] uploaders will force you to purchase new server every hours. >_>

maybe just open it for selected quality uploaders cuz too many [STRIKE]leechers/spammers[/STRIKE] uploaders will force you to purchase new server every hours. >_>

I doubt they don't even buy that cheap script.

Thanks for the info, I'll do some research on what you provided me.

Anymore info on where to find servers would be great.

That should be right.

use rip version and save the money if you can

That's the right way to start.

No. You should advertise it everywhere. Be sure to offer PPS scheme that makes people drool. After raking in all the sales. Run away with the money. Take a rest for a while then start another filehost and repeat what you did.

Are you guys serious - $500, "ripped scripts", and OVH servers? LOL!

When your server is taken offline along with the TB's of content, what do you do when you want to migrate a new host? You can't. Thus, all the cash you've invested is destroyed along with your userbase. :)

I strongly suggest people study the real logistics of operating a successful (non-scam) file host prior to posting their comments.

jokky - I sent you a PM.

VIP - $500 is not enough, you must be kidding me.
that's just my rough idea for a quick start. of course for quality filehosting, they need to invest more than that.

customized script = $1000+
unmetered/high bandwidth servers with 10Gbps port = $4000+

again, my rough idea...could be wrong though.

forget to add:
affiliate payment = $5000+

The Banks rejected my application loans money to open a file host, so now i am going to fuck some bitch, did you want to join with me?

Go to russia, meet some dedicated center admins and sign some contracts. You will get prices same as ovh or even lower. But you win location :)

I already counted, that without 20k$ nothing to do for first 6 month.

Ppl are really lame here now a days :P

not talking for thread starter but the repliers .

He made a thread for help and just read the comments of ppls Almost Utterly Butterly Funny.

If u can't help what's meaning of increasing post count.

But may be ppl only like to increase post counts instead of helping.

And appreciate the help comments .

Help? I have offered my take on this topic. Yeah, that's scam but do you seriously think you can do another Filesonic in this climate? Dude, make some cash and run that is the right thing to do now. If you wait any longer, you won't have the chance to make even a scam host.

Agree! It's easy to open one. But it is not easy to deal with expansion. Screw all leechers and spammers.:D

To be honest, I don't want to open a public filehost site but a private one used for only my websites. This eliminates all the filehosts drama that is occurring and allows me to have full control over the servers.

I made rough estimates regarding traffic and I think I can get at least 100 users at the beginning to register for premium and up to 8,000 users+ if I do it long term. Storage needed is around 50TB

What would be the best way to go about doing this? Should I just buy a server and FTP it?

I appreciate all the input, even the negative ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back