Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Hey, I'm sorry if this is just an insanely stupid question, but I've been thinking a lot about what I miss about MegaUpload, and also what I would want from a Cyberlocker (MegaUpload had 95% of it). If they had had multi-rename, multi-description, real folders, FTP, and no 400 kbps upload limit for premium I might have fallen in love.

Anyways, I'm wondering what the deal is. Is it a script on one server that catelogs files added on another server? Folders correspond to folders? What do they do about making direct links? How do they decide where to put a particular uploaded/uploading file?

4 comments
I guess a script checks for available server and put the file there then likely another server index file names and connects them with download link. All you need is one powerful server, millions of terabytes and cash =)

PS. MY 69 POST!

Haha, yea it seems like the startup capital would be steep if you wanted to do something...good--seems to me like one of the big problems with a lot of these sites is that they don't start with enough cash to support the whole thing and they don't spending enough time developing their site/script before going public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back