Status
Not open for further replies.

Yashraj

i7dm.png

Well I guess we have become quite used to big fiehosts being taken down, however I am personally sad Hotfile being taken down as it was one of the oldest players in the field and probably the first filehost I created an account on. However in any case this comes as a surprise as it's been a long time since last big take down.
I also, unfortunately lost $90 in reseller balance :(
Did you have anything to lose?
What do you think about the take down?
Do you think they will come back like Megaupload did?(even though its not as successful as it used to be)

24 comments
Hotfile.com started on 2009 and cease operations on December 2, 2013 after losing a $80 million case.

Rest in peace hotfile, they were the best PPD program out there.

Hotfile, Wupload and Filesonic no one can beat them.

Actually, not so many people use Hotfile in the last 2 yrs. Especially no scene release. Hotfile get caught just because they have shit load of $.

Well..that was an abuse and i'm sure there's something more in this ecuation that we're let to find out.
For starters, no warez uploader used hotfile since 2011..so i don't see how the site still was a threat to copyright industry

How much revenue did the guy who owns hotfile make in total? Even with the lawsuit, did he still gain a profit running the site?

ALL filehosts should be shutdown.

Piracy in all forms should be removed and let people pay for what they need/use, just like other items.

Theft is theft, no matter how it is worded

Last edited:

Piracy in all forms should be removed and let people pay for what they need/use, just like other items.

So offsite backups should be banned? lmao

Stop doing offsite backups to sites that focus on piracy then. Any site that offers "rewards" for downloads is basically targeting the piracy community.

This would just give publishers another chance to increase the price of already expensive medias. They can't keep high prices because if they do people will simply download them(pirate), but if there's no piracy then they will be free to charge whatever they want. Not saying piracy is good but it's in a way keeping them in control.

the best PPD program and the first one i ever worked with was professional i eanred a lot by that time measures form it RIP :(

Do you think that if you shutdown all filehosts/torrents/p2p and so on, you remove piracy? Piracy exists before technology came about.

It's as if you asked for the cessation of war, hunger, exploitation, etc.
Thefts exist since there is a man, so to remove piracy you have to remove the man himself.

The only way to remove piracy, as some publishers have proved is to make the content free or make people subscirbe. You can provide them only for free and make people watch ads or through Netflix or Amazon Prime videos, however the only problem here would be regional availibility. It's a long process but not an impossible one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back