Hosting Provider Rules - Vote for your ideas

Vote for the rules you think are needed the most.

• Have a special section for authorised/trusted services.

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Charge those hosting companies to post on WJunction, as an insurance

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • All authorised hosting representatives will have a special tag/badge

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Create a top list of all hosting companies that are applying here

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Review posts not allowed in Sales thread. Make a separate sub-section

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Leave it like it is

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occult

I have been interested in this sector for over a month or two and noticed, that when I first came here, there were not as many Hosting Companies as there is now

What bothers me is that, when a good quality provider is already here, other small, fly by the night companies come up and get the customers away.

People who are in it, know it very well that services can be very cheap, but what creates the difference is the quality of service that the provider will give, not only the speed or downtime of the server. A same DC always sells with the same price, unless you have a special deal with them.

What I am trying to say is, what is the point of jamming up the hosting section with providers who joined WJ a few days back. So what, if their domain is years old, doesn't mean they will provide high quality services,or at least give people what they pay for or not scam them.

I suggest as we have a market place for server selling, why not make it a bit more standard. Only the mods don't have to be included in it. The respected members, or people who are trusted here can join in and give only minutes a day to help others out. Check the WHMCS, or maybe check the server quality, or maybe some thing else too.

When a client buys a server by seeing the cleaned out threads with ONLY good reviews and sees that the service is crap after buying it, the only thing they get from the host is, 'You didn't read our TOs and policy, we don't refund' and this and that.

We call ourselves a community, I think we better start behaving like one by helping each other out, as people who are here for short term will be filtered out.

Thanks for reading it. :)

Hello everyone, after reading 7 pages of this thing i have few ideas

1) Have a special section for authorised/trusted services. (those who has tons of our users on them, have good reviews, has solid history). those most likely wont scam you and wont run away with your sites.

2) CHARGE those hosting people to post on WJ, why? because if a company cant pay X$ compensation/month to be authorised its not even worth being here. i will never host with a company that will say i don't have X$ to post. so it will filter all those small/bullshit companies who are trying to make profit by selling 1$ services.

3) all AUTHORISED hosting will have a special tag/badge so you guys can easily distinguish them from new/unconfirmed hosting with SOLID companies who has been here for ages.

4) Create a top list of all hosting that are applying here, and people will vote/review them, and you will be able to actually read reviews and see them easily in 1 list rather then looking through 1000 pages of diff hosting without a clue who to choose.
we can sort them by pricing per services/quality and so on, which will be affected by the votes of the community.

Just few points i could think off... let me know if you agree on them or not.

And most hosts don’t tell the truth they claim to colocate when they only have 3 servers, I won’t mention no names but unlike most clients that know not the truth the higher knowledge people do. if you can’t as a host be honest then why are you trying to sell services? if you are true & honest you don’t need to lie or make shit up have a back bone be honest let your honesty take you places not your shit that you spew to "reel in clients" not everyone is a ISP just to boast to their friends, 0ccul7 you have very valid points and yes several other people do too but these overnight hosts make it hard for clients to trust genuine ISP's

I believe hosting provider shouldn't be allowed to advertised if they don't have the following listed on there website such as the following below.

DMCA Policy ( Optional)

Privacy Policy.
Contact Information.

Refund Policy
. - Must offer a refund if a clients purchase a services from that provider then the provider tells him/her they don't offer refunds for that services. But a client didn't know that cause it wasn't stated in there Refund Policy or Terms Of Services. ( I myself have find alot of hosting providers doing this)

Terms Of Services
. - Can't state in terms of services a client will be blacklisted if they open up a dispute with the payment processor.

Bad Example of a TOS
Text taken from Mxzon Hosting

Well TBH many hosts here have reseller accounts and they sell cheap hosting via that.

Not saying all have reseller accounts. Few are really trust worthy and are really good.

But all those who give unlimited BW and all that sort of offers, have reseller accounts. They are the one who have maximum probs and clients suffer a lot because of them and then they run away with the cash.

Regards

Drama threads? Seriously? Anyway...

All I see is some old members of WJ coming in this topic and replying

We have been here for over a year on average and know the trend of how people scam and all that stuff.

After Elio scammed over that thing, we got to know, that we shud be careful about some stuff. When we say, do this and do that, it's very easy to do that, really but very hard to make it happen.

I have had my share of WJ, and been here for a long time, I can assure, even more than that date showing in my profile. Now don't go all banning on me, as I have had a clean record all my life.

When a new member looking for some service comes here, what do they get? A bunch of hosts who go on bumping their threads to make them come on top, with good reviews. I am sure, as I have seen it, that hosts ASK their clients to bump it with fake shit, and I can even name some, but I wont. I have worked for some here, so I know who is what.

As we were talking about hosts, lets take Hostgator as an example,

They have a very professional and organized approach to their clients, but I have seen many hosts over here who make their clients look dumb and those poor people cant even say anything, AS THOSE HOSTS DON'T HAVE A REFUND POLICY.

Seriously? Are we that immature?

All I was pointing out at was, we need to have some MORE ground rules for host companies, if at all checking them is a problem.

Probably ask their DC or some thing, I don't know

All hosts should be put into post moderation.. Allow the mods to choose who to approve.. Only allow people with real servers and such...

Atleast it would show WJ is trying to help new webmasters like a real webmaster forum would..

Of course there should be a new forum for new hosters.. People would have a choice to go with known hosts or the new ones..

well people .. this is something that is like 10-20% depends upon how wjunction tries to operate it and the rest upon the people(buyers) decision ..

it is human nature to work around the rules made for their personal profits .. so whatever wjunction does there will always(mostly) a work around always be there .. and then again it comes to how the people choose and as everyone knows .. the newbies who don't know shit about anything would always try to get the cheapest thing as why would he even spend more amount in something he doesn't really know

these are some things which can never be solved and the only way for all this is the awareness .. in this thread people are right that no one knows how a newcomer in webhosting is who knows he has good intensions ?

after reading the complete thread i came to some conclusions as in
1. The new hosts threads should have something like "probation"

• the new members who have not crossed the probation of 2days and 2 posts should not be able to post a thread in the hosting sections .. (don't know if it's already there)
  • once they have crossed this probation they can post the threads and from here on it also comes for the people already member over here and that is once they post the thread it'll automatically go in a period called as thread probation ... where it'll stay for X no. of days and after which a mod will see it and decide on what to do with it (the thread probation can be anything like a list for the members to view or something like probation on the hosters thread title)
2. As you all know many have problems and the hosters say as this is a sales thread and you can't reply here etc, etc..

• a section should be opened for this in the hosting marketplace like a subsection or something like that where every hoster who has threads for hosting sales should make a feedback thread
  • the people who give feedback over there should be a client over there and to prove this they should show some kind of screenshot (if that's not possible then don't leave a feedback)
  • the sales thread should actually become only a sales thread and nothing more than that and it should not contain any other things like a customers review or the other things as there is already a section for it
well these are just a few things but as i said it's not totally dependent on the wjunction but the people who use it :)

hope it helps ....

Poll ideas come straight from the WJunction member's ideas, and also one admin. Please vote as you wish, turned on multiple casting so that the best ones come up.

Post any good suggestion, if thought out to be good, will be added with the other options

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
31 comments
Review posts not allowed in Sales thread. Make a separate sub-section

that was what i voted for and the only thing i found reasonable

You dont have an option for "NO Regulation - let members use their own judgement"

How can people run a website and handle money if they don't know enough to get references from other members? These regulations just make it so that the older providers can have less competition and new Hosting providers won't stand a chance.

Charge those hosting companies to post on WJunction, as an insurance

Create a top list of all hosting companies that are applying here

3 out of 5 options don't talk about anything you mentioned

0ccul7 said:
Charge those hosting companies to post on WJunction, as an insurance

Create a top list of all hosting companies that are applying here

3 out of 5 options don't talk about anything you mentioned

Charging hosting companies to post does not protect the consumer, it just makes money for WJ.

The other options are just more rules and that's what I'm saying we don't need. Theres no option for leaving things the way they are.

Insurance = When they scam, give back at least some thing to the victim/s. I believe in something is better than nothing.

WJ is not going to keep the money in it's pocket forever. Host wants to leave WJ, then they have to ask staff for the money, they verify through a thread that no one has any problem and money given back. Solved

Even then, in maximum world market, a trader's fee is always taken as for using the market as the media for trading. But I hope WJ wont take it but will keep it and then give it back with time.

Still I'll put a Leave it like it is option.

Last edited:
Rest other options will be kind of discrimination to other new hosts, irrespective of the fact they are legit or not. So, My vote goes with

The only rule I'd agree with is the one about offtopic posts in sales threads. It doesn't matter if they're bad reviews, good reviews or support related. They should go in the "Hosting discussion" forum, even though they're not that needed either, unless they're reviews.

Special section in the Hosting discussion forum for reviews would help to most members, and hosting providers as well. Reviews wouldn't be public until they have been approved by Staff. - and that should protect the member, and the hosting provider.

Badges - > Would give some false respect to so called "employees".
Money - > Isn't necessary.
Trusted Hosting providers section - > Every hosting provider would try to get in, and if he decides to scam, everyone would blame Staff.

If you guys can't pick a good hosting provider, it's not our fault. I'm hosted by a hosting provider from WJ (KnownSRV.com) for few months already, and I don't have any problems or whatsoever. So the one "there's no good hosting provider on WJunction" isn't true either.

Vote, see results, take it to staff section, discuss.

Not necessary ALL options have to be implied, hence its a vote.

Check reports, I wanted an option added some time back >.>

The options were also suggested by an admin, so don't put it one me that I want a rank and am doing this. A simple Host rank wont make me the king of the world

No more comments from me here regarding this

It's fine how it is. New usergroup for a few old, good and trusted hosting providers would be nice though. Providers should have good reviews, no scamming or failed/sold hosts history, good reputation etc

This Poll is not going to work like this.
1. instead of check boxes, make it radio buttons
2. a person should not be able to see voting results before casting the vote.

It did influence my decision though!

You left out something unless i missed it, None of the answers should be selected its a forum a free roaming community how ever i do believe people offering hosting should have x amount of post through out our community before being allowed to post in the hosting forums / market place

I say leave it as is and enforce a post count. I also don't believe web host should have a rank it never made any sense to have a trusted host rank here on WJ because if that host does turn to shit or do something wrong nothing will be done about it don't get me wrong i have been here longer than 95% of you guys and i have seen a lot of changes here on WJunction so just chiming in on my 2 cents.

Its simple enforce a post count in order to post in these forums

vIEcnn.png

You may ask your self or others, Why ? what is a required number of post going to do ?

Simple, If you set the number of post ie between 50-100 fly by night guys that just come here to post sales are'nt going to participate unless they are here to run a hear by serious company per say.

Enough with changing stuff around, Just add in a rule

// Edit

And i can guarantee you the only ones voting for there to be a hosting group have a. been told too by there host or b. they are a host and just want profit

Last edited:
I say leave it like this. It is perfectly ok as it is. The system th lot at you are voting for will only be good for known hosts here. If a good new host comes around here they will have a lot of hard times getting customers because of the rules.

Just saw dlows post thing. I agree with it 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back