hostgator tells me that i've an invalid domain when i try to register for hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtrn

if i registered a domain with namecheap (.website extension).
should it really take up to 72 hours to point the dns of hostgator to namecheap?

because i've tried some tutorial i've found on youtube for dns setting but i'm waiting for almost 24 hours already and when i try to register to hostgator i getting... 'domain is invalid' message.

would appreciate your help

Last edited:
6 comments
did you add the DNS to your domain? try hostgator chat support, your problem will solve faster.

yes, i followed a youtube tutorial

and yes i've contacted them and they said that i need to wait but i'm not sure why i can't register in the meanwhile and upload my files already.

does 'wrzhost' will serve israeli users fast? when i was with bluehost it was very slow
so maybe i will try another host.

You should register the nameservers at Namecheap. Look at 'Manage your domains' there is a link to register nameservers. If you get a 'successful' message, then it should take no longer than a couple of hours provided your Internet provider updates their DNS fast.

If it doesn't propagate, check network-tools.com if it has propagated in the US. If so, probably you can access the domain through your local internet the next day.

You can upload always files through Hostgator's IP like .... http://xx.xx.xxx.xx/yourhostgator_username (it seems the forum software doesn't support the character needed between the '/' and yourhostgator_username. You can find it SHIFT-' ...

Last edited:
but i still have not bought the hostgator's shared hosting because i can't signup
i can only upload files if the signup form will allow me to register.

i'm trying to find the hostgator's dns servers so i can input it in namecheap but i can't find this information.

i can upload the namecheap screenshot so you can assist better.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
(the form won't allow me to change the showed servers at namecheap)
are these the correct dns servers?

update:
they (hostgator) said there is a chance i see the invalid domain msg because i'm already a customer with the same email

Last edited:
You can't just use any nameserver(s). You should be a client of Hostgator and they give you the correct nameservers. Yes, it's most likely you can't have multiple accounts with the same email. Use another email address.

If you try to sign up for the 1 cent deal, you will most likely required to sent a copy of your creditcard which is unacceptable to me. I am very happy with Hostwinds.com. You can try them with 99% discount the first month. But warez (as with HG) is a no-no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back