Shared HiloHost.com - cPanel Hosting 2$ (NL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea the server is pretty much completely offline

ive asked the guy I ordered my traffic from to pause my campaign if he can
if not well that's life and as usual it sucks

I get the impression he isn't to sure how to stop it
and needs a response from the company he is renting the server from before he can do anything

said something about wanting to reboot the server (im not sure why that would help)

I know a few methods that I can try to see if they would prevent the attack but the server loads so slow and always cuts me out. Rebooting the server gives me a chance to start testing some security methods out when the computer isn't working as slow.

I know a few methods that I can try to see if they would prevent the attack but the server loads so slow and always cuts me out. Rebooting the server gives me a chance to start testing some security methods out when the computer isn't working as slow.

ecatel can't block this traffic ? if this atack is syn flood he can change some reg on fw to limit and block

yea until he tries to pass the cost on to us

---------------------------------------------------------

man I just did a search on Google for "ddos+syn protection from ecatel."
wondering what the price would actually be
and YOUR post was third on the list
got to respect Google hehehe

------------------------------------------------------
I just found this online

Seclist says that the Ecatel network is the source of a rootkit called Zero Access, “…purpose of this rootkit is to set up a stealthy, undetectable and un-removable platform to deliver malicious software to victim computers.” [1] As of writing, the Elcatel Network is rated second, in the Top 10 Hosts Bad for the 1st quarter of 2011. [2]

it gows on and on (frankly im just to lazy to read all that)
but you may want to look it over and give it a LOT of thought before using anything from Ecatel
Code:
http://www.secanalyst.org/category/malware/

Last edited:
^ no problem at least we dont have such unacceptable fucking downtimes & data loss,
increase price Sp32 & order security measures as well..
we will stick with ya.. if these kinda stuff happened usual then you will lose huge amount of renewel percentage.

Ecatel does not offer DDoS protection fyi neither does Worldstream, a long with a few other data centers in NL.

NL Data Centers suck unless your with leaseweb, because they are basically the only DC in the NL that is not a warez haven

Most of you guys are hosting warez sites, Expect down time

I think SP32 is doing a great job, how ever juggling things as he does

Last edited:
I follow this sp32 thread from initial stages, he is doing a great job! Offshore servers are always facing so much downtime.

He is providing great services worth the money!

Keep the good work Sp32! <3

nobody here saying he is not doing great job, he is doing a nice job no doubt here but problem is despite his great effort we still face big downtimes.

anyways man i am with ya... looking forward to you. good luck

You must be a SysOp to understand how difficult it is to handle all the problems and keep a decent price.So have some respect for him.

BTW, I want to know if there's any chance of data loss.Thank you :D

Thanks for the kind words/comments.

There won't be any data loss, I have managed to gain access to the server by using something called KVM which is similar to having an RDP.

I can see all the data, the thing is, the attacker is opening so many connections to the server, that no one can connect, all IP's are different, so whoever it is, doesn't like HiloHost.

any estimates when the servers will be back online?
i know your probably trying your best, but is there anything u can do or do we just have to wait till the guy stops ddosin'?

cheers

im more worried about about what the next attack will be then when this problem gets fixed

as for down time (hell what can we expect for $5)
and how much can he really afford to do considering the idybidy bit of $ he has to work with

if we all want a more sacure service we should consider all upgrading to his highest plan so he has more $ to work with

ah I dono what im talking about hehehe
I just can't see how he can do vary much with the $5 he got from me
and as I recall he also has a $1 plan to
gee he must be getting rich hehehe

Thanks for the kind words/comments.

There won't be any data loss, I have managed to gain access to the server by using something called KVM which is similar to having an RDP.

I can see all the data, the thing is, the attacker is opening so many connections to the server, that no one can connect, all IP's are different, so whoever it is, doesn't like HiloHost.

A happy customer maybe ? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back