Hi ! Looking for web host for hosting backups site ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigi6789

Hey, all. I'm new here, so please be gentle. I did a search for these topics and google landed me on this forum, so I'm assuming its okay to talk about this here :)

I'm looking for a site where I can setup a store for selling DVD movie backups/copies, etc .. I currently have a US based host, but I'd definitely like to move to a non-US host which doesn't have a problem with this.

I've heard that a lot of Sweden, Netherlands and Hong Kong servers don't have a problem with hosting things like warez and stuff. So technically I should be okay with such hosts, but still, selling backups is slightly different from hosting warez as such.

So looking for opinions here.

Also, please don't just ban me like that, because then it won't justify why there are posts on this forum where people ask about hosting (not linking) warez, etc ..

Regards.

Need some feedback here people ! :)

Last edited:
15 comments
Ecatel.net (Netherlands)
Voxility.com (Romania)
Instantdedicated.com (Netherlands)
Swedendedicated.com (Sweden)
Privatelayer.com (Swizerland)
Portlane.com (Sweden)

Note: contact them regarding your requirement before order.

Ecatel.net (Netherlands)
Voxility.com (Romania)
Instantdedicated.com (Netherlands)
Swedendedicated.com (Sweden)
Privatelayer.com (Swizerland)
Portlane.com (Sweden)

Note: contact them regarding your requirement before order.

Thanks, but all these hosts have Dedicated or VPS hosting, whereas I'm looking for shared web hosting ?

Also, what about Russian hosting ? Aren't the best for this purpose ?

Whats your budget? and how much GB of backup storage are u expecting? The "unlimited" thingy is not true as its just not possible. Seeing your conditions, I would suggest you to go with a NL Host as the other locations would have capped resources until you choose to go big (Dedicated/VPS). NL is quite a good location for quite much everything regarding hosting.

PM Me if you need some personal advice. :)

Hello,

Shared hosting for storing files ? I would go at least with a dedicated server.

Selling copyrighted movies? publicly accessible? There is no hosting company out there that will welcome you as shared customer for storing this files, because you are not the trouble worth that they will get.

Guys, I think there's a little bit of a confusion here ..

I will NOT be HOSTING any illegal files .. No warez will be hosted as such ..

Technically speaking, there won't be anything illegal HOSTED on the website ..

But I WILL be selling backup copies of original DVD movies, etc .. Selling, not hosting .. Its basically like a movie store, except the movies being sold are copies of the originals .. So this selling is kinda the controversial thing here, as they are essentially pirated copies ..

Also, since I'm just starting out, I don't want to get a dedicated server right away as they are too expensive .. So for now I'd like to get stick with shared hosting ..

So I won't need a lot of space .. Maybe just like 20 GB or so for now ..

Selling copyrighted movies? publicly accessible? There is no hosting company out there that will welcome you as shared customer for storing this files, because you are not the trouble worth that they will get.

Then how do warez hosting sites exist ? Sites which themselves host warez stuff (not linking) ?

Do they use something else which gets them by ?

Last edited:
Where have u seen a site HOSTING WAREZ? Please can you link me to such a site which allows instant downloads of copyright infringed content? I haven't seen such a site so far. :|

Where have u seen a site HOSTING WAREZ? Please can you link me to such a site which allows instant downloads of copyright infringed content? I haven't seen such a site so far. :|

Well I can't think of any right now, but I have seen a few .. But I'll give this a thought .. I know there are some MP3 sites where you can just download MP3's right off the bat ..

Even then, a site linking to warez is liable as well, is it not ?

Yes, if you were to say that you're simply LINKING to warez, then I can also say that the backups I provide are only for people having original copies. So doesn't that *conditionally* absolve me of any liabilities ?

Also, there are many UK based sites selling Xbox 360 game backups legally, with the condition that the customer has the original ... So I mean, how is that different from my situation ?

Plus, there will also be nothing illegal hosted on my site .. On the site, there are only graphics, images, CSS files, JS files, and other code ... Nothing else which in itself is anything illegal .. All scripts and stuff are either free or legally purchased ..

Anyways, I think we're kind of getting off-topic here, so I'd suggest people post from webhosts too :)

Last edited:
Thanks, but all these hosts have Dedicated or VPS hosting, whereas I'm looking for shared web hosting ?

You can't store large backup files like DVDs on shared host, a VPS would be a good start.
Unlimited shared host is just a fake thing, they give maximum 10-15 GB to store your website files, not a backup files.

You can't store large backup files like DVDs on shared host, a VPS would be a good start.
Unlimited shared host is just a fake thing, they give maximum 10-15 GB to store your website files, not a backup files.

Please see my third post in this thread ... I'm NOT HOSTING large DVD files on my server .. I'm only selling them ... Someone clicks on a movie, buys it, I then burn that movie on a DVD, and ship it to that person ..

No large file hosting is needed here ..

Thank you for clearing it up.

You can go with any hosting provider which has servers in the EU, I recommend Knownsrv.com

@zig - Yes, mp3 sites do host the files on their own servers but they complicate the whole issue by doing lots of hiding stuff eg:- another domain, reverse proxies, different IPs etc. Seeing your last post, that all wouldn't be required hopefully. :)

Do consider my PM. See ya around. ;)

Please see my third post in this thread ... I'm NOT HOSTING large DVD files on my server .. I'm only selling them ... Someone clicks on a movie, buys it, I then burn that movie on a DVD, and ship it to that person ..

No large file hosting is needed here ..

This means your are not hosting or linking to any illegal files. If this is the case then you can host your website anywhere, I don't see any problem with it.

Why don't you purchase a premium account with a file host and share the files through that? Have your front end on a normal shared host. The problem is that you may be kicked off the file host.

Edit- Just seen the above. A regular offshore shared host would work, although I have no idea why anyone would want to purchase a pirated dvd... You will certainly get into legal troubles as well.

I can provide you with shared hosting, even free. Location Netherlands. You won't have problems from me about selling backup copies. :) Send me pm for details if interested.

Shared Hosting

Hi,
Why would you want Shared Hosting for selling your games.. As you are aware a lot of people use shared hosting and use this continuous throughout the day. This can cause a slowness in speed and many providers do not accept this as it could disrupt service.

I would recommend purchasing a Dedicated Server from a country that is close to you in latency and try it that way. If you purchase a VPS Hosting account the provider may not be too happy if you was storing huge files on their servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back