Status
Not open for further replies.

orbofdarkness

Hi People,

I have installed Innovation/Science v2.3 Theme on my site www.searchoflife.com. I have been facing a weird problem. In most of the pages including the slider somehow the main website URL is showing on most of the page resulting in an error. I am unable to click on the posts on the blog page as clicking on it takes me to the homepage again. (http://searchoflife.com/blog/) Kindly help me. Thanks.

Orb.

Last edited:
12 comments
From what i can see i think you just have a few settings wrong.
Possibly your "Reading" settings??
Can you take a screenshot of them and post here so we can see what you have set ?

Also, your permalinks, can we see that part

The following are the screenshots of my Reading Settings & Permalinks.

Reading Settings :-
[slide]http://i.imgur.com/PiRuXAh.png[/slide]

Permalinks Settings:-

[slide]http://i.imgur.com/4Ke3MWZ.png[/slide]

for a second, try putting the permalinks to Default.. let me know how it handles when you do that, just for a test. Might do nothing but let me know :)

What plugins do you have on??
I am thinking that maybe you have a dodgy plugin there or it is cloaking your links.
Yet again, post a screen please.

i guess your wordpress address and your site address didnt match :) check it on your wordpress general settings

also check if you have nginx on your server, it might be the one messing up with your site but mostly if your nginx mess up, only images is affected.

also check if your files on your site directory is under admin, not apache

Last edited:
yeah, i tried this with him on Team Viewer and it seemed to be the problem :) I have the theme he wants sorted anyways so i will get it working for him and will solve his problem

The site's general settings were changed yesterday but the site is up..But the errors still persist... Hope Brazzo will help me solve it.. I'm tensed..

the problem is that once you messed up that settings, you will have to start from the start not unless you know what you need to remove on your wordpress database, i experience that before, mine was just a mistake. i wasnt able to revert it back so i have no choice but to re install and remove all including database

I don't think the problem is with the database... The theme is the culprit most probably...anyways there is hardly any content on the site as its new...Though if the same errors exist in the localhost then the problem will be with the theme...

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Hi Brazzo,

The problem has been solved!!!! The logo was the culprit. I had actually placed a bigger logo initially & later when I put the smaller version I didn't change the older resolution in the settings. So even though the logo was fitting, the system was taking the bigger resolution. Today morning I thought of removing the logo & checking then I found the resolution to be bigger. Finally all is well now. Sorry for the inconvenience but this was a small mistake yet caused big problems. :)

Orb.

haha, all of that and it was something as stupid as the logo.
Glad it is all resolved now, if there are any other things you need help with then please do ask :) if i can help i will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back