Status
Not open for further replies.

psy

Hi wjuntion,

I have posted this theard on another forum:

I have planned to buy a VPS solution because i want to setup my own VPN server and also run my own BNC client for mIRC on the server.

But I need some help before choosing a VPS plan. Im really new to this and have never tried to set it up before. Im from Denmark and i have planned to buy a VPS in Germany. There should be a good routing to Denmark?. So when i connect from my home pc though the VPN server then i am able to surf the web on my home pc with my VPS IP adress? Am i right? There will not be a loss of bandwidth when i do it on this way? I mean i will not lose any of my inter speed when doing this setup? Also if i will download anything from a ftp server or something it all happens from the VPS ip as long as im connect to the ip with VPN software?

And my other question goes. I have created 2 subdomains from free domains at freedns.afraid.org and both of these domain i can do A records that means if my VPS allowing me rDNS then i can change the VPS hostname to one of my own created subdomains from freedns? And if i need the ability to switch between hostnames in my mIRC bnc then i shall order more IP's from the VPS provider? And then point both domains and VPS ips to domain and VPS? Then i am able to switch between vhosts in mIRC?

My last question goes.. What is the best and cheapest provider out there? I dont need anthing big for this solution? I need a vps with unlimited bandwidth in germany
smile.gif

Thanks for u help..

I hope u can help me choosing a good provider that can fill my requests^^ :)

7 comments
Hello,

There should be a good routing to Denmark?
- Yes, You can have good routing btw. Denmark and Germany or France.

So when i connect from my home pc though the VPN server then i am able to surf the web on my home pc with my VPS IP adress? Am i right?
- Yes, When you connect to your VPN, you should surf with your VPS-VPN IP Address.

There will not be a loss of bandwidth when i do it on this way? I mean i will not lose any of my inter speed when doing this setup? Also if i will download anything from a ftp server or something it all happens from the VPS ip as long as im connect to the ip with VPN software?
- I think You are thinking wrong, when you connect to VPN Server, so you will have Send/Receive to your VPN Server and Your VPN Server has Send/Receive to the Global Network. So you will lose your PC Bandwidth as well like before. But your Speed of Downloading should not change if you choose a good provider for your VPS.

And my other question goes. I have created 2 subdomains from free domains at freedns.afraid.org and both of these domain i can do A records that means if my VPS allowing me rDNS then i can change the VPS hostname to one of my own created subdomains from freedns? And if i need the ability to switch between hostnames in my mIRC bnc then i shall order more IP's from the VPS provider? And then point both domains and VPS ips to domain and VPS? Then i am able to switch between vhosts in mIRC?
- Yes, You can easily set an A Record and get a SubDomain on your IP.

What is the best and cheapest provider out there? I dont need anthing big for this solution? I need a vps with unlimited bandwidth in germany

- We are not offering any UNLIMITED BW server, because there is no UNLIMITED on the Network. You are limited everytime on your Bandwidth, but you can go with high bw server.

Anyway, if you are interested you can give us a chance to see the quality of our servers -> http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=56474

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards <3

A little off-topic, but still under the VPS section: What's the difference between VPS and Dedicated server? (Yes I'm a newb, so please explain carefully) Does it have something to do with VPS being shared and Dedi being private?

Oh, and if yes, does 100mbps connection on a Dedi really mean 12,5MB/s speeds for one person since its not shared?

Sorry for being off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back