Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexv1970

On Monday, I will be buying an Asus. Problem is that I have the choice of 2 Asus to buy.

Both basically have the same features (Processor Intel Core i5-3337U / 2.7 GHz) yet one has Intel HD 4000 Graphics while the other has Nvidia GEForce gt710m.

I will not be playing games or very rarely (online). Mostly for work and a few movies once in a while (streaming).

the GeForce is a notebook while the other is an ultrabook (sleaker).

Which would you choose? there is about 50$ difference - the notebook is 50$ cheaper than the ultrabook.

thank you for your constructive comments and advice,

Vince

Last edited:
5 comments
Well define your "work" a little more perhaps. If its just office work no heavy graphics n all go for the cheaper one.

Thanks Huggybear for your feedback.

Work= Sales, data base (customer/propsect) management, powerpoint , word, outlook, skype. No games or very rarely.

I do stream a lot of movies on weekends hence... I think the Intel 4000 in the ultrabook is fine.

Does this chnage your opinion?

Vince

I would certainly go for an ultrabook which is packed up with high-end graphic's :) You can't make prediction's on your usage considering the current log.

Needs are always growing in my opinion . It's a suggestion from the asus notebook user

I would certainly go for an ultrabook which is packed up with high-end graphic's :) You can't make prediction's on your usage considering the current log.

Needs are always growing in my opinion . It's a suggestion from the asus notebook user

Hi Richdrops,

point taken. For my uses (ie work), ultrabook is fine with me.

thank you for sharing your views.

Best
Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back