Google Ranking Factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny nguyen

Great list of factors submit!

Most of the items listed in every section work well in many search engines not just Google.

I would say a sitemap is important if you have a bigger site.

I would also say in the "factors that may count against you" to watch out for building up reciprocal inbound links to quickly. The one-ways do not matter as much, because there is no way to control who links to you (if your site is popular you may get 1000's of one-way links overnight). It is my belief that the only links NOT to build to quickly are reciprocal ones that Google may view as a "non-natural" link.

Another great addition to the "links" section on your list would be a submission to DMOZ directory. Dmoz results are used in the Google Directory and show up near the top of search engine results pages all over targeted keyword terms. Dmoz allows webmasters to use their results as suplimental search results in website directories, or as a full site directory or even just one or two categories. Since they allow this that means depending on what category you are in, you could have other people adding it to their own site directory. Whats good about that? Well if 1000 people have your Dmoz category content on their site and your link is on the page you could potentially have 1000 links to your site (this is only from sites and urls that are indexed in google. Msn and yahoo index a lot more of these pages than google does, simply because google does not want the same content in thier index.

I will add more later if any comes to mind, but I really like what you have started so far on this Google Ranking Factors List.

12 comments
These are main ranking Factor of Google Ranking
Domain Age
Keyword Appears in Top Level Domain
Keyword As First Word in Domain
Keyword in Title TagTitle Tag Starts with Keyword
Keyword in Description Tag
Image Optimization
Recency of Content Updates
You can get more about Google Ranking from here
Google And Ranking FAQs

Obviously google ranking factors are depended on your content area. If you post or update your site with some unique content than it benefited to improve your website ranking in positive way.

There are two most important factors for ranking higher in Google. They are:

Good content
Backlinks from high authority webpages

Domain Age
Keyword Appears in Top Level Domain
Keyword As First Word in Domain
Keyword in Title TagTitle Tag Starts with Keyword
Keyword in Description Tag
Image Optimization
Recency of Content Updates

Google uses more than 200 ranking signals to rank websites. So its difficult to find out which factors we should focus on to get a higher Google ranking?Page authority is one of the most critical Google ranking factors that every website owner who is hoping to rank highly on Google SERPs. Moreover we can also use FREE SEO Tools to get advantage . Free SEO Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back