Give me advice on how to setup my web sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEVAC109

Hi, guys. It's my first time asking for a website hosting advice from WJ, hopefully I get an answer I'm looking for. So I have a dedicated server and I want to do other stuff on it, other stuff that doesn't get exposed to the public (ie. my personal dedi, as seedbox etc or upload or personal online storage). But I want to host some legit websites like information blog, a math tutoring blog or just as my cultural news blog etc. I don't want anyone to easily trace the existence of my personal dedi server. So I thought, I'll use my extra free IP's that I got from my provider and setup VPS in Hyper-V Manager. This is my plan. My questions are:

1. Is it possible to find out the IP of the main dedicated server using the VPS's IP?
  2. If that VPS got hacked, would my main dedi be affected?
  3. If I do not wish to make a trace that all my sites on that VPS are connected, which would be a better thing to do:
    In that VPS, use cPanel and give each account a dedicated IP?
    OR
    Create several VPS'es with their own dedicated IP's?​

Thank you for your time, these are the questions that I'm concern about for now. 8-)

1 comment
  1. Is it possible to find out the IP of the main dedicated server using the VPS's IP? No
  2. If that VPS got hacked, would my main dedi be affected? Possible! If the resources go abused by the hack. But a hacker breaking out of a Xen or KVM VPS this would not be possible. They would have to attack the node directly.
  3. If I do not wish to make a trace that all my sites on that VPS are connected, which would be a better thing to do:

"Create several VPS'es with their own dedicated IP's" This would be the least traceable way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back